Miami County Transit Is In Compliance

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Suckerspawn

Miami County Transit Is In Compliance

Post by Suckerspawn »

I received a call from a nice lady with Miami County Transit. After consulting with the county prosecutor they understand CHL holders can carry loaded handguns on their buses. They also understand non-CHL holders can carry unloaded firearms if they carry in compliance with the 'firearms in a vehicle' laws. They never posted the buses so there is no signage to change.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Miami County Transit Is In Compliance

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I may have to go for a ride on a COTA bus the next time I'm in Columbus.
MyWifeSaidYes
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Could this be the difference between a rural area's view point that is conservative vs. a liberal metro area that is democratically govern? I'm sure the mayor of Dayton would see the issue otherwise if she was in Miami county.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Suckerspawn wrote:I received a call from a nice lady with Miami County Transit. After consulting with the county prosecutor they understand CHL holders can carry loaded handguns on their buses. They also understand non-CHL holders can carry unloaded firearms if they carry in compliance with the 'firearms in a vehicle' laws. They never posted the buses so there is no signage to change.
Nice work!

Would you mind sharing this link with the woman and asking her to ensure that page 6 reflects the things she told you? (Yes, I know it's Piqua's site, but it shouldn't be "out there")

http://piquaoh.org/download/web/present ... ations.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
BB62

Post by BB62 »

qmti wrote:Could this be the difference between a rural area's view point that is conservative vs. a liberal metro area that is democratically govern? I'm sure the mayor of Dayton would see the issue otherwise if she was in Miami county.
Her location wouldn't matter - it's a difference in mindset.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

docachna

Post by docachna »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I may have to go for a ride on a COTA bus the next time I'm in Columbus.
They are extraordinarily "anti-". When I worked in Cbus, I tried various times to open a dialogue with them on the subject. They don't wanna hear it...........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
BB62

Post by BB62 »

docachna wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I may have to go for a ride on a COTA bus the next time I'm in Columbus.
They are extraordinarily "anti-". When I worked in Cbus, I tried various times to open a dialogue with them on the subject. They don't wanna hear it...........
Are their buses posted? Does their website say "No Weapons/Guns"?

All I could find was this:

"NO ILLEGAL WEAPONS

Illegal weapons are forbidden on any COTA property. Dangerous equipment that may cause a fire or explosion on the bus such as car batteries, gas cans, paint thinner or lawn mowers is not allowed on the bus."

http://www.cota.com/Company/Policies/Co ... nduct.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got Freedom?

docachna

Post by docachna »

BB62 wrote: Are their buses posted? Does their website say "No Weapons/Guns"?
At last check, their busses were prominently posted, but that's been a while. Maybe someone who is still in Cbus could eyeball a bus for you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

BB62 wrote:
Suckerspawn wrote:I received a call from a nice lady with Miami County Transit. After consulting with the county prosecutor they understand CHL holders can carry loaded handguns on their buses. They also understand non-CHL holders can carry unloaded firearms if they carry in compliance with the 'firearms in a vehicle' laws. They never posted the buses so there is no signage to change.
Nice work!

Would you mind sharing this link with the woman and asking her to ensure that page 6 reflects the things she told you? (Yes, I know it's Piqua's site, but it shouldn't be "out there")

http://piquaoh.org/download/web/present ... ations.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I emailed the Piqua City Manager. He said he would remove that link from their website.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Suckerspawn wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Nice work!

I emailed the Piqua City Manager. He said he would remove that link from their website.
Thank you kindly.

Got Freedom?