Just **thrown off** Cincinnati bus while legally carrying

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BB62

Response from SORTA/Metro!

Post by BB62 »

Darryl Haley, Executive Vice President of SORTA/Metro, sent me this e-mail at about 3:30 today:

Subject: Request for Information (huh?)

Mr. Smith,

Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. Please know that we are currently in the process of reviewing our policies regarding weapons on SORTA/Metro property to ensure compliance with state law. In addition, as part of our continuing training of all of our employees, we will ensure that our employees are aware of these state laws and how to properly handle these incidents in the future.

Thank you,
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
BB62

My reply

Post by BB62 »

Subject: SORTA/Metro "weapons" policy + further conversations

Mr. Haley,

I appreciate your note, but it’s disappointing that 1) it includes no apology for my experience (described at length) on Tuesday, and 2) that you responded at greater length and detail to another person who merely inquired about SORTA/Metro’s policy regarding the open carrying of firearms (which is what I was doing) on buses.

Your response to that person was as follows:

“I was provided a copy of Customer Service’s below email response to you concerning SORTA’s policy on concealed carry in connection with Metro buses. While I believe customer service made a good faith effort to provide you with a quick response, the response was incomplete.

Therefore, I wanted to expand on that response and address your specific question regarding concealed firearms.

It is SORTA’s policy that, unless otherwise authorized by law, no weapon is allowed on SORTA’s buses. In addition, any authorized firearm or concealed handgun must be carried and transported in accordance with the law, including Ohio Revised Code §§ 2923.16 and 2923.126.

We are currently in the process of reviewing any policy regarding weapons on SORTA/Metro property to ensure compliance with applicable laws. We will be happy to provide you with the policy once that review is complete.”

Nonetheless, and as you may know, yesterday I had what I considered a productive conversation with Andrew Garth regarding SORTA/Metro’s previously unpublished, unposted, and evidently unknown to various levels of employees “weapons” policy.

I look forward to further productive conversations with Mr. Garth as well as members of your outside counsel, and hope for a mutually agreeable conclusion to those conversations.

Regards,

me
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Brian D.

Re: Just **thrown off** Cincinnati bus while legally carryin

Post by Brian D. »

You can bet Mr. Haley and the SORTA legal counsel have been burning up their phones and computers in communication with each other. For right now I'd say he is feeling like a man treading water in a thrashing vortex. If only we had his cell number so we could call and provide heartfelt reassurance that all will be well soon.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Can't they just say firearms must be carried with a license or unloaded in accordance with R.C. 2923.16 and be done with it?
COTA in Columbus has the same issues, me thinks.
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

techguy85 wrote:Can't they just say firearms must be carried with a license or unloaded in accordance with R.C. 2923.16 and be done with it?
COTA in Columbus has the same issues, me thinks.
They need to done with it without saying anything.
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.