Salt Fork Campground Bathrooms

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Salt Fork Campground Bathrooms

Post by Mustang380gal »

We just arrived at the campground. Bathrooms are posted.

Anyone know the best person to email at parks? ODNR itself or the park?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
pirateguy191

Re: Salt Fork Campground Bathrooms

Post by pirateguy191 »

You probably shouldn't make a fuss.......just ignore it.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'd talk to the park officials first. In person if you have the time. People can ignore e-mails for days or weeks, a tad harder to blow people off when face-to-face. Got a copy of the Attorney General guidebook?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

pirateguy191 wrote:You probably shouldn't make a fuss.......just ignore it.
:lol: :P
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Javelin Man wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:You probably shouldn't make a fuss.......just ignore it.
:lol: :P
Yeah, I heard that suggestion from someone who I think is a lawyer, so it must be legit.

Hope you don't get shot !!

On a serious note, I would ask ODNR.

Actually, I just asked them on their FB page, but you should contact them on your own, also.
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Did you make contact with anyone, Mustang?

********************************************************************************
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Not yet. We are busy doing camper things. I will try after the weekend.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

You could always do like I did a few years ago, write a letter to ODNR chief with copies to park manager, State Parks manager, and governor.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OhioPaints wrote:You could always do like I did a few years ago, write a letter to ODNR chief with copies to park manager, State Parks manager, and governor.
What led you to do that? Unlawful signage? Where? Hopefully not Salt Fork State Park, that would mean they didn't pay you much heed.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Mustang380gal wrote:Not yet. We are busy doing camper things. I will try after the weekend.
Make sure that the campgrounds aren't under Corps of Engineers jurisdiction. I do believe that some are.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

schmieg wrote:
Mustang380gal wrote:Not yet. We are busy doing camper things. I will try after the weekend.
Make sure that the campgrounds aren't under Corps of Engineers jurisdiction. I do believe that some are.
That's a twist I'd sort of forgotten about. Army Corps of Engineers seems to have jurisdiction near the lakes themselves. At least the ones that have CoE dams at one end. It's obviously more gray area than clear. Because of their span of control being so hard to figure out, I just stay off the dams themselves while carrying. That's actually pretty easy to do.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:
schmieg wrote:
That's a twist I'd sort of forgotten about. Army Corps of Engineers seems to have jurisdiction near the lakes themselves. At least the ones that have CoE dams at one end. It's obviously more gray area than clear. Because of their span of control being so hard to figure out, I just stay off the dams themselves while carrying. That's actually pretty easy to do.
I do recall some discussion a couple of years ago about a campground at a park being located near the dam and which was under CoE control. Just can't recall which one anymore. Actually, I'm having trouble recalling what I had for lunch.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Brian D. wrote: That's a twist I'd sort of forgotten about. Army Corps of Engineers seems to have jurisdiction near the lakes themselves. At least the ones that have CoE dams at one end. It's obviously more gray area than clear. Because of their span of control being so hard to figure out, I just stay off the dams themselves while carrying. That's actually pretty easy to do.
Almost all of the flood control dams/lakes are owned by Corps of Engineers and most of the land is leased to the state except the dam area. However, down in Ky/Tenn, many of the campgrounds on Dale Hallow, Lake Cumberland, etc. are COE campgrounds and firearms are prohibited. (There was discussion a few years ago on the Tenn Concealed Carry board about all of this and I do not know if anything has changed.)

The good news is that AFAIK in Ohio, there are no COE police to enforce their rules which is good because it is often difficult or impossible to know where the boundaries are.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

What is unique about CoE managed lakes? I believe that all lakes under the Muskingum Watershed are CoE. All of the service and (I think) ranger vehicles have OH state plates on them.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

scottb wrote:What is unique about CoE managed lakes? I believe that all lakes under the Muskingum Watershed are CoE. All of the service and (I think) ranger vehicles have OH state plates on them.
COE leases part of the land to state parks and they administer it and it falls under Ohio law and law enforcement (park rangers)

However, most dams and some other areas might not be leased to the state and remain under Army control. COE generally does not allow firearms except for hunting. It would take a change in rules at the top of COE to change that, just like the National Park Service changed their rules a few years back.

Somewhat related, it really gets confusing with the National Recreation Areas (Cuyahoga Valley, Big South Fork, etc.) Some are under US Forest Service jurisdiction, some under National Parks jurisdiction and some under COE. Firearms regulations depend on the administering agency. Visitor have to understand that.