Great American Ballpark - Parking Garage

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Suckerspawn

Great American Ballpark - Parking Garage

Post by Suckerspawn »

The Great American Ballpark, Parking Garage, is posted. Is this in compliance with 9.68?
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Great American Ballpark - Parking Garage

Post by JustaShooter »

If the parking garage is city-owned, then as I understand it they cannot post it. If it is not city owned, they can post it, but it is a civil matter, not criminal.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

It may be owned by the city but I'd wager a box of donuts that the city has leased it to some outfit to handle the day to day operations. I've never seen any pay parking garage actually operated by the municipality that owns it. Check your ticket. The fine print probably says "operated by Amco Parking Systems" or some such. That company would have the right to post it notwithstanding 9.68 but as justashooter said it would likely fall under the civil trespass provision.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've walked by those garages and seen the signs. The logos and verbiage suggest the city still owns and operates them. For many years, municipal employees have staffed the parking facilities. Some also comprise parts of (mostly non-government) buildings, rather than free standing structures. In many cases there is office space being used by the employees.

This all blurs much distinction between "parking facility" versus "government building", from my perspective anyway. Our OGA refuses to just do the right thing and copy their laws from pro-gun states like Kentucky. Yeah, I say that a bunch huh?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.