2016 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

2016 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

For 2016, the Fair season runs from June 13th (Paulding County, 6/13 thru 6/18) to October 17th (Fairfield County 10/9 thru 10/15) this year.

2016 List of County Fair websites: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/fairs.aspx#tog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Left side - click on 'Fairs', then on 'County Fairs')

2016 Alphabetical Schedule of County Fairs: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/doc ... _Alpha.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2016 Chronological Schedule of County Fairs: http://www.agri.ohio.gov/divs/fairs/doc ... Chrono.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
BB62

Re: 2016 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by BB62 »

Although it's posted in the wrong place (where Ohio's friendliest compliance counselor might not find it), it looks like Adams County needs some "edumacation":

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
transfusionrec

Post by transfusionrec »

I'm sorry, New here and was in a hurry when I posted. I'll learn my away around quickly.

Yes, the Adams County Fairgrounds have signs poorly posted on their main gate, "blocked by price signs", and on the admin office door, but the sign is so faded that you have to be looking for it to know it's there. When I learn how to post pics I'll post the signage along with the paragraph in the fair book banning any person knowingly carrying a concealed weapon rule.

I truly do not believe these people want to deprive anyone. They are just 100% ignorante to current law. One of the board members told me that if I had a CCW that I had to keep it covered. lol. I support both sides of the Conceal or open carry argument. I believe in freedom and liberty. If you want to conceal your gun then do that. If you want to carry it openly be prepared for the blow back.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

transfusionrec wrote:Yes, the Adams County Fairgrounds have signs poorly posted on their main gate, "blocked by price signs", and on the admin office door, but the sign is so faded that you have to be looking for it to know it's there.
The one on the admin office door is likely legit (the office probably qualifies as a government facility), but the one on the main gate almost certainly is not. But MyWifeSaidYes is already on the case, so I expect things will be made right - though with the fair ending on the 16th it's hard to say if he can make it happen that quickly.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

What came of this?

Did anyone contact the board?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".