Crocker Park Updates???

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Funk49

Crocker Park Updates???

Post by Funk49 »

I read previous posts about Crocker Park......signs are not conspicuous.
Are they still that way or are they more visible to the walking/shopping areas?
Atilla

Re: Crocker Park Updates???

Post by Atilla »

I park in a Crocker garage every day and have seen no anti signage. Maybe I need to look harder?

I'd say they are not conspicuous if they are there at all.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

I avoid that place since it is a CPZ and it has been a few years but the sign I saw was right as you turn from Crocker Blvd into the entrance drive. Easy to miss if you are watching traffic as you make your turn.

Since this is private property, it really has nothing to do with ORC 9.68.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

rickt wrote:I avoid that place since it is a CPZ and it has been a few years but the sign I saw was right as you turn from Crocker Blvd into the entrance drive. Easy to miss if you are watching traffic as you make your turn.
And given recent events it seems you just can't be careful enough driving around that place. Like you, I avoid the place. I've always found it to be short by about 5. Every street is too narrow by 5 feet, every parking spot is too narrow by 5 inches, everything priced about 5 times higher than you can find elsewhere...

I also agree that since this is not a public venue it's really not 9.68 appropriate, although I've always wondered about the streets there since they're named and they show up on city maps, there's a functioning traffic light, parking meter violations do get processed through the court if you ignore them, etc. Makes me wonder if it's more public than Stark management would like to admit.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Funny thing about Robert Stark. I remember reading in the Plain Dealer that he also has properties in Israel and his son served in the IDF. I bet his Israeli properties don't have no guns signs.
Funk49

Post by Funk49 »

UPDATE! I went to Crocker Park Mall yesterday....carrying. I also took my DSLR camera with me to shoot some festive holiday decorations for my own use. While my wife was in a shop, I was outside looking through the lens at possible subjects when a big,burly security guard came up to me and asked if I had a permit.......I froze!!!!!!! It horrificly crossed my mind...."How does he know I'm carrying?????" "Did my coat ride up and show my gun?"........I stuttered,"A permit for what?"....He said I need a permit for THAT camera!! I said,Why would I need a permit for that?....He said,I can shoot all the pics I want with an Iphone....even shoot video, but I cannot use a DSLR! What????? New Iphones shoot high quality images and video.....here I am just wanting a couple stills for myself.....not to be used commercially. So I told him I'd never heard of that ,so he gruffed and moved on. OK....I follow the law and rules. I capped the camera....got the wife.....reached around and felt my weapon on my belt......and went home. No money was spent in that place!!!!
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

A permit to use a DSLR at a "lifestyle complex"? That's sublime.

I despise Stark Enterprises - virulent anti-individual rights. "We balance revolutionary idealism, new urbanist principles and sustainability practices with economic viability to deliver remarkable, next generation mixed use properties. We call this result Community Core real liveable, walkable, human scale places that put community before commerce." Miss a rent payment an I wonder if they "put community before commerce".

Note sure a CCW would protect you from a Jeep hitting you in a parking garage. Situational awareness is all that's needed to avoid being run over. Unless of course you think the driver targeted the lady. Still, running away would be more effective than drawing down on a Wrangler.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Glock Rock wrote:"We balance revolutionary idealism, new urbanist principles and sustainability practices with economic viability to deliver remarkable, next generation mixed use properties. We call this result Community Core real liveable, walkable, human scale places that put community before commerce."
So, I don't know what their other properties look like, but I wouldn't call the Strip in Canton "real liveable, walkable, human scale places that put community before commerce". Just the opposite actually...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
e3mrk

Post by e3mrk »

Crocker park is posted but the signs do not jump out and say here I am,You have to be looking for Them to see them.
Funk49

Post by Funk49 »

Crocker park is posted but the signs do not jump out and say here I am,You have to be looking for Them to see them.

Nope...If they aren't posted in a conspicuous place,how can I be expected to see & obey them??
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I don't think the RC specifies conspicuous place, I believe it specifies conspicuously. Splitting hairs? Maybe.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

pirateguy191 wrote:I don't think the RC specifies conspicuous place, I believe it specifies conspicuously. Splitting hairs? Maybe.
ORC specifies that it must be posted in a conspicuous location:

ORC 2923.126 (C)(3)(a)

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(3)

(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Does ''conspicuous location'' also include clear see-thru gunbuster signage? Clear sticker, the no guns circled handgun image is a dulled red. Perhaps dulled because of no background. I have seen those on some business doors, placed at or below waist level. You have to really look to see them and doubly so when other signage catches your eyes such as no smoking
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

JustaShooter wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:I don't think the RC specifies conspicuous place, I believe it specifies conspicuously. Splitting hairs? Maybe.
ORC specifies that it must be posted in a conspicuous location:

ORC 2923.126 (C)(3)(a)

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(3)

(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises.
I stand corrected.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Conspicuous or not, they don't want my dirty blood money.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin