Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby JustaShooter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Kudos, MWSY!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4253
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby fisher » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:19 pm

cheers!
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/
http://www.gunbanobama.com
User avatar
fisher
 
Posts: 3704
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:41 pm
Location: cincinnati

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby Bit » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:04 am

Excellent news
Bit
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby troy bilt » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Once again great job and think you for your time. 8)
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
User avatar
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:53 pm
Location: Norwalk

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby docachna » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Well done, sir !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
docachna
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Mount Juliet TN

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby M-Quigley » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 pm

troy bilt wrote:Once again great job and think you for your time. 8)


I want to second this.
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby MyWifeSaidYes » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:41 pm

The Vinton County Courier had an article about the repeal:

http://www.vintoncourier.com/news/mcart ... 09acf.html

McArthur Council formally repeals Wyman Park gun ban

"...[Village Solicitor Jeff] Griffith said that one man personally pledged to him there would be activists headed to Wyman Park to openly carry as a demonstration...


:roll: :wink: :P 8) :mrgreen:


Kudos to Jeff Garvas for contacting the Village and dropping OFCC's name. I only mention OFCC when I start explaining about lawsuits, using OFCC v. Clyde as an example. Then, of course, it's only polite to explain who and what OFCC is all about.
MyWifeSaidYes
User avatar
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby docachna » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:39 pm

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:The Vinton County Courier had an article about the repeal:

http://www.vintoncourier.com/news/mcart ... 09acf.html

McArthur Council formally repeals Wyman Park gun ban

"...[Village Solicitor Jeff] Griffith said that one man personally pledged to him there would be activists headed to Wyman Park to openly carry as a demonstration...


:roll: :wink: :P 8) :mrgreen:


Kudos to Jeff Garvas for contacting the Village and dropping OFCC's name. I only mention OFCC when I start explaining about lawsuits, using OFCC v. Clyde as an example. Then, of course, it's only polite to explain who and what OFCC is all about.


And it is, after all, all about being polite............... :roll:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
docachna
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Mount Juliet TN

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby NavyChief » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:23 pm

From the article:

...state legislature and Ohio Supreme Court have both essentially determined that...

(emphasis added)

"Essentially"? Huh?

Once upon a time being in the news business required knowing when not to use words just for the sake of filling column inches. Oh - and editors actually edited.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
User avatar
NavyChief
OFCC Director
OFCC Director
 
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:22 am
Location: Clinton County

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby JustaShooter » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:54 pm

NavyChief wrote:From the article:

...state legislature and Ohio Supreme Court have both essentially determined that...

(emphasis added)

"Essentially"? Huh?

Once upon a time being in the news business required knowing when not to use words just for the sake of filling column inches. Oh - and editors actually edited.

Yeah, I scratched my head when I saw that one too - and I especially liked this one:

“You have to pick your battles,” McArthur Mayor Kim Wortman said.


:roll:
Yes, picking a battle that is lost before you begin is generally a bad idea...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
User avatar
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 4253
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Akron/Canton Area

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby A_F » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:08 pm

docachna wrote:
AlanM wrote:What's the current situation in Oberlin? I Googled that and found a news article that stated that the Oberlin city council is claiming they won.


Might that be this ????

http://oberlinreview.org/8094/news/council-wins-gun-lawsuit/


how did this city win this against this lawsuit?
A_F
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby JediSkipdogg » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:33 pm

A_F wrote:
docachna wrote:
AlanM wrote:What's the current situation in Oberlin? I Googled that and found a news article that stated that the Oberlin city council is claiming they won.


Might that be this ????

http://oberlinreview.org/8094/news/council-wins-gun-lawsuit/


how did this city win this against this lawsuit?


Because of where it's filed. Keep in mind all lawsuits like this have to start at the county level. Do you think Franklin County judges want to {inappropriate language} off Columbus? Or Cuyahoga county wants to {inappropriate language} off Cleveland? Keep in mind we are talking about lawsuits over laws. These are the same laws these judge's buddies have been enforcing. So it must be appealed, which is what the status currently is.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
User avatar
JediSkipdogg
 
Posts: 10009
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Batavia

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby MyWifeSaidYes » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:25 am

A_F wrote:...
how did this city win this against this lawsuit?


You have to realize what it is that they "won". As you saw, the article shows that the council DID amend their ordinance.

The current ordinance essentially says, "No illegal guns in the park".

So, what is an "illegal gun".

ETA - Don't answer that. It's already been discussed. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
User avatar
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Wyman Park - McArthur Village Ordinance

Postby M-Quigley » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 am

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
A_F wrote:...
how did this city win this against this lawsuit?


You have to realize what it is that they "won". As you saw, the article shows that the council DID amend their ordinance.

The current ordinance essentially says, "No illegal guns in the park".

So, what is an "illegal gun".

ETA - Don't answer that. It's already been discussed. :wink:


Just like the president's first E.O. on guns this year, it really doesn't matter that they've made something illegal that is already illegal. It shows that they're doing something, that they care. :roll:
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Previous

Return to ORC 9.68 Compliance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron