Stand alone restrooms building

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Stand alone restrooms building

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian....I agree.

.....and all this is about is a "stinking" bathroom issue posting :roll:

and I didn't get hold of anyone ot the board office, so may be next week......
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I finally got through and left a message last thurs but no reply yet. will be sending an e-mail latter this week if no reply soon.
Darrel
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Well, well, someone finally called me back yesterday. I will be returning the ph. call today or tomorrow. The board member left her "home" ph on my answering machine too!
Darrel
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Well, well, someone finally called me back yesterday. I will be returning the ph. call today or tomorrow. The board member left her "home" ph on my answering machine too!
Phone tag. YOU'RE IT!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I called her back and had a good discussion w/ her. She carries too! She mentioned that there is two rooms on the back side of the building I wasn't aware of. as big as the building is and the size of the restrooms i never thought there were any rooms on the back side of it and they rent one of those rooms out to the local police that are on the fairgrounds. You can't access either of those rooms from the restrooms or vise versa so I don't know if carry would be allowed or not but the lady I talked to is going to find out if those of us who carry can legally carry inside. She said she would like to see the signs come down.! But as it looks, it's NOT a stand alone restroom like I had thought so now I think it's off limits to us regardless. Opinions, anyone, (although I think I have my answer)?
Darrel
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

The problem is that the ORC doesn't say "stand alone restroom". It says:
(9) Any building that is a government facility of this state or a political subdivision of this state and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3) of this section;
So, if the building qualifies as a government facility and it is not primarily a restroom, then it wouldn't technically qualify for the exemption. Which is silly, if there is no connection between the restrooms and the rest of the building...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

And how do they figure "primarily"?

If it is a restroom 365 days a year, and the two rooms are rented out LESS THAN 365 days a year, I would consider that "primarily" a restroom.

If the square footage of the restroom (men's, women's, family and janitorial closet) is larger than the two rooms, I would consider that "primarily" a restroom.

I'm sure there are other metrics which could be used, but which one will the local judge decide to use?

:?
MyWifeSaidYes