Warren County Fair

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Bama.45

Warren County Fair

Post by Bama.45 »

Me and the Mrs. are about to go to the Warren County fair..Just wondering if anyone has been there and if it is posted..If so then it is against the ORC and doesn't carry the force of law correct?
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Bama.45

Re: Warren County Fair

Post by Bama.45 »

For any that care, it was posted at the entrance.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Bama.45 wrote:For any that care, it was posted at the entrance.
Did you take pictures? That usually goes a long way to help the compliance folks.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Please be more specific bout the verbiage of the signs, too. Some amount of wiggle/weasel room depending on just what the signs had printed on them.

Also, the county fairgrounds could be presently owned by a private rather than public entity, but that is pretty rare in Ohio. More than a few county Agricultural Societies and such have claimed to be private but ultimately some digging finds that to be an outright lie.

I may have time to run by there on my way back from shooting today. If so I'll see about:

1) Eyeballing the signs for myself.

2)Stirring up somebody or other in charge, without getting locked up in the process. Trouble is there probably won't be a real supervisor available on a Sunday afternoon. And annoying underlings isn't productive, as many of you know one of my favorite sayings is: "If you don't like the music, talk to the organ grinder, NOT the @#$% monkey."
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Brian D. wrote:Please be more specific bout the verbiage of the signs, too. Some amount of wiggle/weasel room depending on just what the signs had printed on them.

Also, the county fairgrounds could be presently owned by a private rather than public entity, but that is pretty rare in Ohio. More than a few county Agricultural Societies and such have claimed to be private but ultimately some digging finds that to be an outright lie.

I may have time to run by there on my way back from shooting today. If so I'll see about:

1) Eyeballing the signs for myself.

2)Stirring up somebody or other in charge, without getting locked up in the process. Trouble is there probably won't be a real supervisor available on a Sunday afternoon. And annoying underlings isn't productive, as many of you know one of my favorite sayings is: "If you don't like the music, talk to the organ grinder, NOT the @#$% monkey."
Not the Fair Board. Not the Sheriff. The county Prosecuting Attorney. It will end up there, anyway, so why not go there directly? If you wait for it to filter through, the fair will be over, and the same process starts next year.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

The fair ended yesterday. The sign was on one of those plastic A frame sign holder things it was yellow with a black gun buster symbol. Sheriff deputies were there directing traffic. The Warren county prosecutor must be up for reelection because he had a booth inside the area under the grandstand but wasn't there... Else I would have approached him directly about the sign.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Was pouring down rain when I went by Lebanon today. Given that and Bama's last post glad I didn't bother stopping by.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Bama.45 wrote:The fair ended yesterday. The sign was on one of those plastic A frame sign holder things it was yellow with a black gun buster symbol. Sheriff deputies were there directing traffic. The Warren county prosecutor must be up for reelection because he had a booth inside the area under the grandstand but wasn't there... Else I would have approached him directly about the sign.
This was a lot easier when we had the Kuzawas attending the opening day of every county fair in this part of the state.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.