Dublin Irish Festival Repeals all 9.68 violations

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Dublin Irish Festival Repeals all 9.68 violations

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

It was May of 2013 when I started working with Dublin to repeal their Assault Weapon Ban, their Large Capacity Magazine Ban and their Firearms Manufacturing Zoning Ban.

When they voted on the repeal in September of that year, the Mayor acknowledged that they HAD to vote in the repeal, that they were ALL of a like mind against guns.

:roll:

In August of 2013, I attended the Dublin Irish Festival (DIF), open carrying, and was told that Dublin has their own home rule laws and they don't have to follow anyone else's laws.

Yes. I have that on tape.

Of course, the lady that told me that did not appear to be a council member OR law director, so what she said probably wasn't "official".

By the 2014 DIF, they were allowing CHL holders to carry, but NO OPEN CARRY.

I again started to pursue the city to further correct their policies, but was asked not to. That's when Mr. Newbern and Mr. Garvas decided to pursue Dublin directly.

I'm happy to have been able to soften up Dublin for them. :mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I openly carried through the main entrance gate on Saturday with no problem. I saw a Dublin policeman and a security volunteer glance at my sidearm as I entered. I concealed after that - my choice, not theirs.

It was way too expensive and far too crowded for me, but the firearms policy was appropriate this year and the kettle corn was awesome!
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

sd790 wrote:I openly carried through the main entrance gate on Saturday with no problem. I saw a Dublin policeman and a security volunteer glance at my sidearm as I entered. I concealed after that - my choice, not theirs.

It was way too expensive and far too crowded for me, but the firearms policy was appropriate this year and the kettle corn was awesome!

You mean you caved with out any pressure to do so......where's that adventuresome spirit? :wink:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
docachna

Post by docachna »

Sorry I'm so tardy in posting this, but congrats to all who had any part in this. I know first-hand how frustrating it is dealing with muni governments, and this had to be a real PITA. Bully for you !!!!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

Good Work, All.