Cemetery Carry

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Cemetery Carry

Post by CroManGun »

I recently accompanied an elderly family friend to a cemetery to purchase a grave for her husband who is currently in hospice care and fading fast. We went to West Park Cemetery; owned and operated by the city of Cleveland. I noticed signs prohibiting firearms and weapons on the premises. Wouldn't this property be subject to ORC 9.68 compliance?
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Cemetery Carry

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Yes. If the cemetery is government-owned, they cannot restrict the carry of firearms.

Standard exceptions for buildings other than shelters, etc.

Call them and ask them to please remove or change their sign(s).
MyWifeSaidYes
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Yes. If the cemetery is government-owned, they cannot restrict the carry of firearms.

Standard exceptions for buildings other than shelters, etc.

Call them and ask them to please remove or change their sign(s).
Thank you, MWSY.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Definitely city owned.

IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I apologize in advance but every time I see the title of this thread the Lone Ranger's ammunition comes to mind.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.