Sharonville Convention Center

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Brian D.

Sharonville Convention Center

Post by Brian D. »

Yes it is owned by the city of Sharonville and thus off limits to licensed carry etc. After being open for five years or more now, and having hosted the Bill Goodman Gun and Knife show this whole time, just now they have put up the state-suggested-language No Guns Allowed signs on the entrance doors.

Did one of the sign manufacturers just have a big sale or something? Seems to be a statewide uptick lately.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Re: Sharonville Convention Center

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I've personally always wondered how they even had the gun show there. I would think it would qualify as a government building and they should know people are going to carry loaded firearms in there even though they have signs of unloaded only.

And I say they are a government building because I know Monday-Friday the person in charge of the place works in the building and that position is a City of Sharonville position (I applied for it once.)
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Re: Sharonville Convention Center

Post by Brian D. »

Lots of gun shows held in county fairgrounds buildings across Ohio. Signage doesn't seem to be in play on those weekends. Hooray for our side I guess. Not that many other organizations chomping at the bit to rent most of them on a regular basis.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.