Croghan Park Fairlawn, Posted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
wickedgreyzx3

Re: Croghan Park Fairlawn, Posted

Post by wickedgreyzx3 »

My most recent emails have been more to the effect of this

It has come to my attention your city ordinance XXX is in clear violation of ORC 9.68. Please present to your city council on or before xx/xx/xxxx. Please keep me informed as I will attend the meeting and deliver a personal thank you on behalf of such and such Carry group. If new wording for ordnace xxxz is not presented by the previous mentioned date, there is the possibility of an open Carry walk to garnish media attention.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Not trying to nit pick but you likely meant "garner media attention" not "garnish".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
wickedgreyzx3

Post by wickedgreyzx3 »

Brian D. wrote:Not trying to nit pick but you likely meant "garner media attention" not "garnish".
Ya, that wasn't what I was sending but I was browsing the forum while on the riding mower today. Lol
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

I sent it, I'm just waiting on a reply.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Anything yet? :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Anything yet? :wink:
Nope...crickets.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

I doubt you will get a reply. However, the Chief did have enough time to contact my place of Employment and let them know I was harassing the Village Police Department.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Metal1 wrote: However, the Chief did have enough time to contact my place of Employment and let them know I was harassing the Village Police Department.

You have got to be joking! That is so far beneath a Chief of Police it's despicable. Dignity must not be his strong suit. What did you employer say?
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

Currently under investigation and being sent higher up for a Code of Conduct issue. I am in Law Enforcement too and apparently standing up for 2nd Amendment rights requires an investigation.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

M1

this is an invest on last year's issue? re: your post 'tested the waters'
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

No, it's in addition to that. The Attorney I hired for that (Bellew) took my $600 and did nothing and refuses to answer any calls or emails. I real POS and OCC should remove him from their Attorney listing. I believe the BAR has suspended him for doing the same to someone else.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Well, let us know through this thread if Poland ultimately needs us to come walk around armed en masse. I've gone that far upstate before backing similar causes. You do have a decent sized Youngstown area contingent on this forum too, maybe one of them lives close to Poland and has time for some municipal pestering. (We don't think of it as pestering, but you can bet the town leaders do. How dare someone question them not following a state law that has been upheld in the Ohio Supreme Court twice now?)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

I would really like to get a walk organized. I was given a Cease and Desist letter from work today about no further contact with Poland Village Police which I did not sign. I'll be damned if I'll not go to Poland and exercise my rights and hold anyone accountable who feels the need to trample on those rights. Letter or no letter.
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

Post an address. Its time for all of us to send letters at least.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

Village of Poland, Ohio
308 South Main Street
Poland, Ohio 44514-2027
Office: (330) 757-2112
Fax: (330) 757-1680
E-mail: pvadmin@zoominternet.net