Reed Road Water Park (Upper Arlington)

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Klingon00

Reed Road Water Park (Upper Arlington)

Post by Klingon00 »

I'm curious, I recently visited the Reed Road Water Park which sits next to Hastings Middle School in Upper Arlington and noticed they had "Weapons Free Zone" signs up around the entrance. Growing up in that area, I remember the old pool that used to be located on that spot was owned by the school (I think) but I notice that now it is listed as owned by the city on the county auditor's site (Plot 070-007749).

Of interest, the school property surrounds the park on at least two, almost 3 sides including the parking lot which is owned by the school and shared with the water park. On the back side of the water park are some city owned tennis courts and some baseball diamonds as well as the fire station (including a police qualification range in the basement) which is also on this parcel.

Is it legal for the city to post this water park? Does it really matter if there's no way to get to the entrance without crossing onto school property?

Tricksy, tricksy...
JediSkipdogg

Re: Reed Road Water Park (Upper Arlington)

Post by JediSkipdogg »

What county? Or just pass the auditor's website link on as I'd love to see what you are talking about.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Franklin County.

http://property.franklincountyauditor.c ... ex=5&idx=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BobK

Post by BobK »

Devon Pool is also next to Jones Jr High, and Tremont Pool is adjacent to Tremont Elementary School (although I see that Tremont Pool is now closed for "structural issues").
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Here's my next question....who operates it? Both the Reds and Bengals stadium are owned by the taxpayers however leased out to private companies and therefore can legally post.

One of the proposals for the soon to be Cincinnati street car includes allowing a private company to operate it. It's owned by the city, managed by SORTA (a subsidiary of the city so to speak) but if operated via a private company can they post?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

If the school owns the pink shaded portion that is labeled "shared parking lot" then I think you are pretty much out of luck regardless of the status of the water park. If the city owns the shared parking lot it then I would think it's a different story and it depends on who owns and operates the water park.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

That's pretty much what I expected. At least it looks like the Tremont road pool can be accessed via the city owned parking area, but they are closed this season as Bob mentioned.

What's the best way to find out who operates it? Finding out who owns it was easy.

It would appear to be possible to have someone hand you a gun over the fence from the baseball field area, I wonder what the legalities of that would be, assuming the park is run by the city or private company? :wink: