Gahanna Puplic Golf course is posted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Qfac

Gahanna Puplic Golf course is posted

Post by Qfac »

Not sure how the law relates to this, it is a municipal golf course so my thought would be that they are public and should not be able to post?

Not sure if the sign is a hold over from before the law changed regarding class D permits. Anyone know?

Have a photo of the sign but I can not seem to insert it (need guidence on this)
NRA Endowment Life Member

"Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.
JediSkipdogg

Re: Gahanna Puplic Golf course is posted

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Is the building posted or the lot? If the building, then it is most likely legally posted as a government building and the Class D part is irrelevant.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

You will need to upload your photo to a different online site, then you can use the "IMG" button to insert the link to that photo.

As Jedi said, the building can be posted as a 'government facility'.

Also, Gahanna Municipal Golf Course has been issued class D1 (beer), D2 (wine) & D3 (liquor) permits. Each permit allows consumption on the "premises where sold". That would include the course itself.

If you can enter the course without going through the clubhouse, you will still need to have a CHL to carry on the course.
MyWifeSaidYes
Qfac

Post by Qfac »

It is the course that is posted, right at the entrance to the cart path on the way to the first tee. Saw no sign on the door to the Pro Shop.
NRA Endowment Life Member

"Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I "think" this may work...

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qp3cxw ... ORM=LMLTCC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't read the sign but that's definitely a no gun picture. Interesting location for it and I would say that's a 9.68 violation. The only place that can be posted in that manner is the clubhouse. The rest of the course can have the standard liquor sign with regards to carrying.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I'll have some free time in the Columbus area on Friday.

Maybe I'll take up golf.

:twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes