2015 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 2015 Schedule of County Fairs in Ohio

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:If Miami County Fair is posted, they are hiding it. Stopped by the two main entrances as well as the maintenance entrances along 25A. No CPZ signs that I could see. Couldn't get to the ticket taker shacks to see if they might have one in the side windows.
Has the fair started? I talked with my acquaintance again and he said they trot them out for the main entrances and post them when the fair begins, and at one of the other entrances with a ticket-taker shack that you have to pass through, there is a sign facing outward over the shack and when the fair begins they put an additional sign on the fence back from the shack.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Miami County Fair has not started yet. Opens this weekend, August 14-20.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I got a couple of pictures of one of the entrances (not the main one) showing the sign:

And he says they add another sign on the fence to the right as you approach the ticket booth, and you do have to pass through the booth to enter at this entrance.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Is that Miami County? NM. Just saw the file names of the pictures.

Which entrance is that at? I was at the main entrance on 25-A but the gate was locked as well as the couple of service entrances along 25-A. I also went to the one on Harrison St. where it makes the 90deg bend. Google maps says it is 3rd and Harrison. Bing maps says it is Harrison all the way to 25-A.
JustaShooter wrote:I got a couple of pictures of one of the entrances (not the main one) showing the sign:

And he says they add another sign on the fence to the right as you approach the ticket booth, and you do have to pass through the booth to enter at this entrance.
Last edited by WY_Not on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I think they are playing loose with the "building" part of the law! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
centermass

Post by centermass »

Looks like a shelter to me.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:Is that Miami County? NM. Just saw the file names of the pictures.

Which entrance is that at? I was at the main entrance on 25-A but the gate was locked as well as the couple of service entrances along 25-A. I also went to the one on Harrison St. where it makes the 90deg bend. Google maps says it is 3rd and Harrison. Bing maps says it is Harrison all the way to 25-A.
He didn't say which entrance that was, but he did mention there were two other entrances. From a close look at Google Maps, I think it is just off of Columbus Ave on the North side of the fairgrounds, just south of the big open field that looks like parking. Look at the little shack in the middle of this Google Maps aerial view: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Erie+ ... !1e1?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Cruiser wrote:I think they are playing loose with the "building" part of the law! :roll:
That was my impression too, but they supposedly also put up signs on the fences when the fair starts.
NRA Life Member

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Uhmmm... that is Erie County Fair. Thought we were talking about Miami County?
JustaShooter wrote:

He didn't say which entrance that was, but he did mention there were two other entrances. From a close look at Google Maps, I think it is just off of Columbus Ave on the North side of the fairgrounds, just south of the big open field that looks like parking. Look at the little shack in the middle of this Google Maps aerial view: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Erie+ ... !1e1?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:Uhmmm... that is Erie County Fair. Thought we were talking about Miami County?
JustaShooter wrote:

Wow, talk about a major brain cramp - my most sincere apologies. I have no idea where my disconnect came from, but indeed this is *Erie* county not Miami. I hope I have not put you through too much hassle - and if you are at the PITP I'll buy you lunch or something... :)
NRA Life Member

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

So, as per that sign, open carry is legal?
MyWifeSaidYes
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

I contacted the Erie County Fair president after I found out they where posted last year. After a very long conversation with him he blew up on me and said fine I will go there right now and rip them all down is that what you want from me!!!

I replied with yes thats why I am calling you :lol:

They did take down all the signs that I seen except the one in the photo. I talked with a lady today that assured me that it would come down before the gates opened tomorrow. I reminded her that we did give them a full year to get into compliance.

I will check it out on my way to work in the AM.
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Well, there used to be a Miami-Erie Canal that ran from Cincinnati to Toledo. :mrgreen: There are still pieces of it and some locks remain.

No problems though. Miami County Fairgrounds is only a few miles up the road from me. Was nice to see/confirm that they weren't posted.

Unfortunately, already have family function that is scheduled for the PitP weekend.

Pretty sad that the Fair President deals with the public in such a manner and has such an issue simply complying with State law.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

As of this morning at 7:00 the Erie County Fair is no longer posted :D
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

troy bilt wrote:As of this morning at 7:00 the Erie County Fair is no longer posted :D
Well done!
NRA Life Member