Stark County Fairgrounds *not* posted this year

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Stark County Fairgrounds *not* posted this year

Post by JustaShooter »

After remembering that they were posted last year until BriKuz and friends got things fixed (and knowing that sometimes they "forget" and re-post in following years), while I was out in the area this morning I swung past the fairgrounds to check and make sure the signs remained down. As far as I could see, there were no gunbuster-style signs anywhere or any other "no guns" signage readable from the street. As last year, I couldn't get close enough to the main drive-through gate to see what is there, but it looks like the fair is good to go.

Anyone attending, please post with condition of signage at the main entrance and buildings, especially barns and other shelters. My wife and I may get out there Sunday evening, but if anyone can get a look sooner that would be cool.

Thanks again to BriKuz, MWSY, and everyone else who works so hard to keep these folks in compliance with State law!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Harleywood

Re: Stark County Fairgrounds *not* posted this year

Post by Harleywood »

Was there last night didn't carry because I though it was prohibited ..should have ..never saw a sign so I would say good to go..
I refuse to be a victim
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Stark County Fairgrounds *not* posted this year

Post by JustaShooter »

The wife and I went on Monday and sure enough, not a sign to be found - not at the entrances, not on any barns/shelters, and for that matter, not on any actual buildings either. There was one building / office I thought probably should have been posted - the Agricultural Society / Fair office underneath the grandstand - but it wasn't. I don't think I'd have carried into that office anyway even if I had business there, knowing there is no penalty for them failing to post, but there is for me carrying even if it isn't posted...

Here's to next year!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!