Dublin Irish Festival

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Dublin Irish Festival

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I hope someone asks about Dublin's "All bags will be subject to search" rule
MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I hope someone asks about Dublin's "All bags will be subject to search" rule
Problem is EVERYWHERE does that. Interestingly, I could not find a case law on that anywhere. Hard to believe there hasn't been some court case on that yet.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

That dang MWSY. He just won't leave stuff alone. :roll:

:twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Entirely possible, but they did say that they were expecting me.

:mrgreen:
Somebody there probably reads the forums.
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

CousinCarl wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Entirely possible, but they did say that they were expecting me.

Somebody there probably reads the forums.
Possibly.

More likely they remembered that I told them I would see them next year.

:wink:

MyWifeSaidYes
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

I received a substantial amount of documents from the City of Dublin and have been told there is more to come. I am now in reading mode and will likely be writing them a letter this week pointing out what I believe to be a number of reasons why they still don't understand the law and the limitations imposed upon them.

More to come.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

Any updates, Jeff?
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

sd790 wrote:Any updates, Jeff?
He'll post when he removes the banner above for the Cleveland Buy Back.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
sd790 wrote:Any updates, Jeff?
He'll post when he removes the banner above for the Cleveland Buy Back.
:oops:
MyWifeSaidYes
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I have no plans to attend the Dublin Irish Festival, but i may just be forced by my family. I wonder if my openly carried 45-70 deer rifle hanging off my shoulder will be allowed?

Any updates?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Well, 3rd quarter last year, OFCC made rumblings that THEY were going to pursue the DIF issue.

That apparently did not happen.

If your family does twist your arm and MAKE you attend :roll: I'd be happy to meet you at the entrance.
MyWifeSaidYes
BobK

Post by BobK »

sd790 wrote:I have no plans to attend the Dublin Irish Festival, but i may just be forced by my family. I wonder if my openly carried 45-70 deer rifle hanging off my shoulder will be allowed?

Any updates?
Living in a state where anyone who can get enough signatures can place an Ohio Constitutional Amendment on the ballot, and place 9.68 or other firearm liberties at risk, I gotta ask: What is the point of carrying a rifle to something like this festival? A person's ego? A desire to poke at the bear? A desire to be on the news? Just because, "it is my RIGHT?" :roll:

Nothing good can come of an act like that.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

BobK wrote:
sd790 wrote:I have no plans to attend the Dublin Irish Festival, but i may just be forced by my family. I wonder if my openly carried 45-70 deer rifle hanging off my shoulder will be allowed?

Any updates?
Living in a state where anyone who can get enough signatures can place an Ohio Constitutional Amendment on the ballot, and place 9.68 or other firearm liberties at risk, I gotta ask: What is the point of carrying a rifle to something like this festival? A person's ego? A desire to poke at the bear? A desire to be on the news? Just because, "it is my RIGHT?" :roll:

Nothing good can come of an act like that.
Absolutely none of the above, BobK. Discussing the idea of blatant open carry at the Irish Festival with the city (Council, Law Director, etc.) should be enough for them to recognize that they are not allowed to infringe on our RKBA and that they must remove these illegal restrictions. They are not responding correctly after years of prodding and will continue to do so until they are pushed enough.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

I'm all about poking a government entity when it makes sense but it seems to me that this event is just a few annoyed politicians away from being turned into one in which the city leases the grounds to a non-profit committee for ten dollars and then no carry is allowed at all.

For what it's worth I just looked at the event website and weapons are completely off the list of prohibited items on the FAQ.
BobK

Post by BobK »

It has been an eye opener to me how just a handful of jackwagons open carrying rifles can create a political firestorm, negative press, and provide fodder to our antigun entities. The political damage in Texas will take years to repair.