Delaware city parks

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Delaware city parks

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Can't find current codified ordinances for the city of Delaware, OH, but their ordinances from July, 2012 have at least one violation.
933.06 FIREARMS AND FIREWORKS PROHIBITED, EXCEPTION.
The use or carrying of firearms, B-B guns, air guns, sling shots, etc., or fireworks is
prohibited, except by written permission of the Chief of Police.
(Ord. 2969. Passed 6-12-61.)
I just left a voicemail (8:30pm) for the city attorney asking for an updated set of ordinances or a link to such.

Also asked if 933.06 had been repealed or amended due to R.C. 9.68.

ETA: After more reading of the older ordinances, it looks like Delaware zoning codes are in violation of R.C. 9.68 as well.
1148.05 SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS FOR SPECIFIC USES.

The following are specific conditions, standards and regulations for certain conditional uses
and are in addition to the criteria and standards set forth in Sections 1148.02 through 1148.05.

(r) Outdoor Recreation and Amusement. Outdoor recreation and amusement, such as a
sports center, batting cage or mini golf, shall be permitted according to the following:

(4) Rifle ranges, skeet shooting ranges, pistol ranges, and other activities
involving the use of firearms shall not be permitted.
MyWifeSaidYes
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Delaware city parks

Post by cashman966 »

I think that the zoning is in compliance, they are not banning sales of firearms only activities involving the use of firearms which 9.68 leaves with in the authority of municipalities.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Yep. You are correct.
MyWifeSaidYes
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

I know that the park just north of town is not posted. It is closed until they finish the construction on the water plant.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

No acknowledgement yet. Maybe I'll call again.
MyWifeSaidYes
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I went around with them 3 years ago and got an admission that the law was no longer enforced wrt 9.68. But they said it would be brought up st a council meeting to get officially changed. Then I got sidetracked. I carry in delaware parks, my kids are both in DYAA soccer.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Got ahold of them.

They are moving from ConwayGreen to Municode for publishing their ordinances.

They said they would email me when the new site was functional. I think I'll just keep checking the Municode site.

Hopefully, the new site is fully 9.68 compliant. :wink:
MyWifeSaidYes