Circleville City Parks

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Circleville City Parks

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Tugger07 wrote:sorry to bring up old post, ...
Never be sorry to point out a violation of the law.

Never.
Tugger07 wrote:sorry to bring up old post,
...but I too was looking into renting a shelter house from circleville and I have noticed that as of today, the rules on the shelter rental page has not been changed.
Can you provide a link?

ETA: Never mind. I found it:

http://www.ci.circleville.oh.us/DocumentCenter/View/203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's linked to from this page (and others): http://www.ci.circleville.oh.us/Facilit ... ial-Park-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears to be the original form that we complained about back in July of last year.

I just left a message for the Park secretary. I'll start nicely in case this was just an error in their web site links. :roll:
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Chuck wrote: Technically, the wording on that sign was correct, wasn't it?
Technically?

If you can't carry a gun legally, you can't carry in there, right?
Chuck, I know YOU don't need to be reminded of this small point, but it's become timely since Ohio has greatly expanded their reciprocity status with other states:

Signs like that are (I believe deliberately, because the town is antigun) confusing as all get out to legally armed visitors here from other states, whether they are licensed or just going to OC while there. But likely they going to read those signs and say to themselves: "Oh, I guess Ohio's laws aren't as friendly as I'd been led to believe. Reckon I'd better put this gun in my trunk for the visit to this park." For that matter I still run into Ohioans who aren't 'dialed in' to the specifics of where carry can legally be disallowed. Maybe they were up on things when they took their class and got their initial license several years back, but since they are sort of part-time to carrying anyhow, they don't know about "minor" changes like ORC 9.68.

You must run into gun owners like that at least as often as I do. We both get around pretty much you know. :)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Reply from Circleville:
Hi "MWSY",

Thank you for your call. I checked the online rental form and you were correct about item #20. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will work on omitting that statement and revising the form. I probably won’t get it uploaded today, but I hope to next week. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks again for catching that. I just missed it…sorry!

Becky Staresina
Clerk
City of Circleville

4/24/15
MyWifeSaidYes