Testerman ball field Maineville

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Bama.45

Testerman ball field Maineville

Post by Bama.45 »

I just noticed a gun buster sign at Testerman ball field in Maineville. Is Testerman city owned or private owned?
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Testerman ball field Maineville

Post by cashman966 »

This link says it is part of the Hamilton Township Parks system so my guess would be Government owned.

http://hamilton-township.org/departments/parks/

Hamilton Township is fortunate to have almost 600 acres of passive and active parkland. Policies governing the parks are approved by an appointed Park Board. The parks are maintained by a full-time park crew and occasionally the Township Road Department.

The different township parks are described below:

Testerman Park is located at 8373 Maineville Road. The first 23 acres was purchased by the Township in 1973 and from the start the land was intended for active recreation. A ball-field was originally named in memory of William “Bill” Testerman who was clerk of the township at the time of his passing, and soon the entire park became known as Testerman Park.
Over the years there has been additional land added to the park for parking and ball fields, and now the park is approximately 32 acres in size. The township has added shelter houses with grills and picnic tables and a walking trail for exercise.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Then aren't they non compliant?
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bama.45 wrote:Then aren't they non compliant?
Yeah, if they have the signs on the grounds, in the parking lot etc. They are allowed to prohibit guns in buildings not primarily used as shelters, restrooms, and so forth. Pretty much everywhere else in the park is legal for carry.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Yeah it says that firearms aren't allowed on the premises. And there are two posted, one between the mens and womens restrooms and one under the covering on the side of the concession stand.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Are the restrooms in the same building as the concession stand?

Are there any CPZ signs at the entrances or on fences around the park?

I wouldn't be concerned if the word "premises" exists only on the signs.

The real question is, "Does the village/city have an ordinance on the books, or a published park rule, restricting guns?"
MyWifeSaidYes
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Are the restrooms in the same building as the concession stand?

Are there any CPZ signs at the entrances or on fences around the park?

I wouldn't be concerned if the word "premises" exists only on the signs.

The real question is, "Does the village/city have an ordinance on the books, or a published park rule, restricting guns?"

Yes the restrooms are the same building just around behind the concession stand..I didn't see any at the entrances or on any fences..But you pass the concession stand going to the different ball fields...I have no clue about if the Township has any ordinances on the books..It is Hamilton Township that owns the ball field.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Has it been leased out to a private entity such as a little league?
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Not as far as I know..All of the signs say Hamilton Township..Little Leagues play there..But I don't know if they have leased it or not.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

mreising

Post by mreising »

This was addressed about 6-7 years ago. I brought it up with the law director when he took one of my classes and Mike Kinsey helped at that time as he provided OFCC's gravitas. I thought all the non-compliant signs had been taken down at that time. I'll check it out and talk to the township if it applies to anything other than buildings.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Ah ok... It reads no firearms allowed on premisis... Personally to me that could be construed and cause someone a hassle
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

I have not seen the building but I would question whether the concession stand would qualify as a CPZ, is it open during all park hours, are the bathrooms open when the stand is closed, are the worker's at the stand employees of the township or is it run by a fundraising group like the Lion's club or the little league association.

If the stand is only open during a scheduled game and the bathrooms are available at all times, IMO it is a structure primarily as a restroom and should not be posted. Much like rest stops that offer vending or staffed tourist kiosks. I would also be interested in seeing a copy of the "policies" the appointed Park Board has created.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

For the first part of your question: I have no clue as to who the employes actually are employed by..I would hazard and guess to say Hamilton Township. The concession stand isn't an enclosed building, for the lack of a better way for me to describe it, it is a walk up window. There is a shelter like deal attached to it that covers picnic tables. The bathrooms are on the back side of the concession building itself. There would be no reason to post the actual concession stand, as no one can really enter into it unless they are there for no good reason to begin with.

The second question: I have no idea if the bathrooms are open during scheduled games only or not..But regardless the only area really accessible to the public to enter is the bathrooms.
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Any word on this?
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If you aren't doing the work yourself, you need a little patience.

Do you have any photos showing the concession stand and where the sign(s) are placed?
MyWifeSaidYes