Yoctangee Park Chillicothe

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
AmendII71

Yoctangee Park Chillicothe

Post by AmendII71 »

Anyone know if Yoctangee Park in Chillicothe, OH is posted. I looked but did not see signs. I do not know if the City of Chillicothe has a city ordinance against conceal carry. "Feast of Flowering Moon this past weekend........carry or no carry?
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
AmendII71

Re: Yoctangee Park Chillicothe

Post by AmendII71 »

" The issue presented in this case concerns whether Clyde Ordinance
2004-41, which prohibits licensed handgun owners from carrying concealed
handguns in Clyde city parks, is a valid exercise of the municipality’s home-rule
power according to Section 3, Article XVIII, of the Ohio Constitution. Because
the ordinance is an exercise of the municipality’s police power that conflicts with
a general law, the ordinance is unconstitutional. Accordingly, we affirm the
judgment of the court of appeals."

I guess this answers my own question. Anyone like to add anything. Any experience in Yoctangee?
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it, and not have it."
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Yoctangee Park Chillicothe

Post by Stryker74 »

If the park is owned by the city of Chillicothe, then it cannot be posted for the grounds.

However, the Feast might be a private event where the city leases the park to the organizers - in that case, the organizers can post the event (even if it is on city property) due to the lease.

But, since you didn't see any signs - I would say Carry On!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;