Clyde 2014

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Clyde 2014

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

As published at Conway Greene (http://www.conwaygreene.com/Clyde/lpext ... -h.htm&2.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
955.07 PROHIBITION OF DEADLY WEAPONS IN CITY PARKS.

(a) No person located within the confines of any City Park shall knowingly carry or have, on or about his person or readily to hand, any deadly weapon, irrespective of whether such person has been issued a license to carry a concealed handgun pursuant to Ohio R.C. 2923.125 or pursuant to a comparable provision of the law of any other state.

(b) Subsection (a) of this section does not apply to an officer, agent or employee of this or any other state or the United States, or a law enforcement officer, who is authorized to carry a handgun or other deadly weapon and acting within the scope of the officer’s, agent’s or employee’s duties.

(c) For the purposes of this section, the term “City Park” shall be defined as any property in the City of Clyde zoned as a “Park District” pursuant to Part Eleven of these Codified Ordinances.

(d) For the purposes of this section, the term “deadly weapon” shall have the same meaning as set forth in subsection (a) of Section 549.01 of these Codified Ordinances.

(e) Whoever violates subsection (a) of this section shall be guilty of possession of a dangerous weapon in a park, which shall be a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(Ord. 2004-41. Passed 5-18-04.)

Interesting.
MyWifeSaidYes
djthomas

Re: Clyde 2014

Post by djthomas »

It's been well known for a while that they never bothered to update their law after losing in court. Loser's consolation prize perhaps...
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I just need to remember not to refer to their published laws when doing compliance work.

Had a near-miss today. :oops:
MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

djthomas wrote:It's been well known for a while that they never bothered to update their law after losing in court. Loser's consolation prize perhaps...
There's also nothing that requires them to. 4549.17 was ruled illegal in 1999 yet it's still on the books. The simple notion of "it won't be enforced" anymore is somehow good enough. That's unfortunatley what drives me nuts with, how the heck do I know what is legal or not?

Is it still illegal to fish for whales in Lake Erie? I don't know, I know the ordinance existed once but can't find it now. So can I fish them or not? :?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

JediSkipdogg wrote:how the heck do I know what is legal or not?
That's exactly their intent.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
djthomas wrote:It's been well known for a while that they never bothered to update their law after losing in court. Loser's consolation prize perhaps...
There's also nothing that requires them to. 4549.17 was ruled illegal in 1999 yet it's still on the books...
Heck, it was updated in 2011 (HB 153). What's the court case that said it was illegal?
MyWifeSaidYes
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
There's also nothing that requires them to. 4549.17 was ruled illegal in 1999 yet it's still on the books...
Heck, it was updated in 2011 (HB 153). What's the court case that said it was illegal?
VILLAGE OF LINNDALE v. STATE

Looks like all they did with HB 153 is remove the word township from "joint township police district" that was in there multiple times.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
mreising

Post by mreising »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Is it still illegal to fish for whales in Lake Erie? I don't know, I know the ordinance existed once but can't find it now. So can I fish them or not? :?
You cannot fish for whales anywhere, they are mammals. And I have heard that they taste just like dolphin :wink:
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

mreising wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
You cannot fish for whales anywhere, they are mammals. And I have heard that they taste just like dolphin :wink:
I was hoping to go to Caesars Creek and get me one. Just need a really big hook.

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

mreising wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
Okay, can he HUNT for whales? :P

Or, can we only eat land mammals?
MyWifeSaidYes
mreising

Post by mreising »

You have to go whaling if you want to catch whales. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.