Scioto County Fairgrounds - posted?

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Scioto County Fairgrounds - posted?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

What?

No swear words?

:(
MyWifeSaidYes
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Letter went out yesterday, with noted corrections in my grammar. I sent them the picture I took of the sign as well.

I hate snail mail! Guess I will have to give them a couple of weeks to reply - but I have someone who will swing by the fairgrounds a couple of times a week to see if the signs are down.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

I followed up with my contacts in Scioto county this past weekend. The fairgrounds are still posted.

The next scheduled fair board meeting is this Thursday, but I doubt I can make it. However, I am going to see if I can get a call into 1 or more officers of the fair board before that meeting.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

I got a letter from the secretary of the Fair Board yesterday in the mail:

Dear Stryker74:

Thank you for your letter dated April 2, 2014 concerning the signs regarding carrying firearms, deadly weapons, or dangerous ordnance onto the Scioto County Fairgrounds. Please excuse the slowness of my reply.

The Board of Directors of the Scioto County Agricultural Society met on April 24, 2014 and I referred your letter to them at that time. As they are not experts in the law and given that the fairgrounds are county property, it was their decision to refer the matter to Mr. Mark Kuhn, Scioto County Prosecutor for a legal opinion. I have sent him a copy of your letter today [May 3, 2014] and we will wait on his reply before taking any action.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

David Adkins
Secretary/Treasurer/Fair Manager
I am crafting a reply to thank him for his time, and will encourage him to call/contact me with any questions. I will also send a letter to Mr. Kuhn's office as well to make sure my contact info was passed along.

The wheels of progress move slowly in Scioto county.... but there is movement.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Stryker74 wrote:I got a letter from the secretary of the Fair Board yesterday in the mail:

Dear Stryker74:

Thank you for your letter dated April 2, 2014 concerning the signs regarding carrying firearms, deadly weapons, or dangerous ordnance onto the Scioto County Fairgrounds. Please excuse the slowness of my reply.

The Board of Directors of the Scioto County Agricultural Society met on April 24, 2014 and I referred your letter to them at that time. As they are not experts in the law and given that the fairgrounds are county property, it was their decision to refer the matter to Mr. Mark Kuhn, Scioto County Prosecutor for a legal opinion. I have sent him a copy of your letter today [May 3, 2014] and we will wait on his reply before taking any action.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

David Adkins
Secretary/Treasurer/Fair Manager
I am crafting a reply to thank him for his time, and will encourage him to call/contact me with any questions. I will also send a letter to Mr. Kuhn's office as well to make sure my contact info was passed along.

The wheels of progress move slowly in Scioto county.... but there is movement.
Since the Agriculture Society says the property is county owned I would also send the letter to your three county commissioners.