Jackson Twp./Stark Co.

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Jackson Twp./Stark Co.

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Found posted on Facebook today:
Steve Bacon shares the following (from Thur, 3/13):

"As of today, you can open or conceal carry in Jackson Township Parks. I have been working with them for almost a year to get their rules changed. Last night their site rules were changed. You can view them and see section 101.6 here:

http://www.jacksontwp.com/Downloads/Rul ... 22-082.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

The VP of trusttees is a NRA member so there was no convincing needed. Just had to get the law director to get it done. One more park system we can enjoy safely!!!!!"
Yay, Steve!

I did a little happy dance, then I went and looked for other 9.68 violations AND, since it's a township, 504.04 violations.

Darn it. Found some.

Sent the following:
Dear Sirs-

I saw a comment on Facebook today that said there was a Jackson Township Parks regulation regarding firearms, and that this regulation was changed to bring it in line with state law.

Thank you for doing this, and I apologize for not finding out about this issue sooner.

After looking at the Jackson Township Park rules, I have found that Sections 101.07 and 101.16 attempt to regulate hunting, trapping and fishing.

Ohio Revised Code 504.04 prohibits a township from establishing any such regulations.

Hopefully it's not too late to prevent wasting money by needing to have park rules signage reprinted twice.

Please repeal or amend your invalid park rules, and any other township regulations that may be invalidated by the restrictions in R.C. 504.04 and R.C. 9.68.

Thanks!

- "MWSY"
3/16/14
MyWifeSaidYes