Databases of Municipal Codes

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Databases of Municipal Codes

Post by Stryker74 »

While looking up for Portsmouth, Ohio codes, I found that they are hosted on a third party website. A little clicking, and I found this:

http://www.conwaygreene.com/municipalCodes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many Ohio municipalities, with the ability to search all of them at the same time. Warning: There are a handful of WV codes in there too, so make sure you are not looking at those in a set of search results.

Thought it might help in the 9.68 activities.

Ignore me if this was already known... :oops:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Database of Municipal Codes

Post by JustJack »

I'm pretty sure it was already known, I use it a lot. But thanks for the heads up incase someone didn't know of it. There is also this one: http://www.amlegal.com/library/oh/index.shtml that has some smaller cities that aren't on ConwayGreeneCO.

Just out of curiosity, why were you looking up Portsmouth? I was just down there last month and am going again next weekend.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

I know Lakewood uses Conway Greene as well. I just wrote my city councilman and the law director yesterday regarding a few of their ordinances regarding guns that are not in compliance with 9.68.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Pecker wrote:I know Lakewood uses Conway Greene as well. I just wrote my city councilman and the law director yesterday regarding a few of their ordinances regarding guns that are not in compliance with 9.68.
Huzzah!! Keep up the good work! :D

I presume you're referring to 549.02, .04, .21, .22, .25, and .98. However, did you catch 905.14?
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

And municode.com. Click on their 'code library' and select Ohio.
MyWifeSaidYes
Pecker

Post by Pecker »

JustJack wrote: However, did you catch 905.14?
I don't see how challenging "the use of firearms in parks" is really in our interest.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Pecker wrote:
JustJack wrote: However, did you catch 905.14?
I don't see how challenging "the use of firearms in parks" is really in our interest.
Suppose it depends on the officer/prosecutor/judges definition of 'use'. I'd prefer it say 'discharge', but you're probably right. Maybe I'm just paranoid...wait..what was that sound?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Databases of Municipal Codes

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If there is a prohibition against use, I'd want an exception for valid self-defense.
MyWifeSaidYes
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

JustJack wrote: Just out of curiosity, why were you looking up Portsmouth? I was just down there last month and am going again next weekend.
Sorry - I just got back to this post.

Other than being a liberal den of corruption - I grew up in Scioto county, and much of my family still lives down there. Thought I might recruit them in the name of 9.68. :lol:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;