mansfield "firearms possession illegal EVERYWHERE"

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BriKuz

Re: mansfield "firearms possession illegal EVERYWHERE"

Post by BriKuz »

Yes, almost definitely...

Funny, "questions from the public about what the changes would mean for them"...

It means NOTHING except that the City can't get sued if they fix them... they are ALL unenforceable... lol
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

BriKuz wrote:Yes, almost definitely...

Funny, "questions from the public about what the changes would mean for them"...

It means NOTHING except that the City can't get sued if they fix them... they are ALL unenforceable... lol
I would consider showing up for the meeting, but not being a resident of Mansfield, I'm not sure they will allow me to speak. About the only way around that would be if I could talk my brother into showing up, then yielding his time to me.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Well, it would be cool if you could make it... you're much more eloquent in your public speaking lol
docachna

Post by docachna »

Werz wrote:
BriKuz wrote:Yes, almost definitely...

I would consider showing up for the meeting, but not being a resident of Mansfield, I'm not sure they will allow me to speak. About the only way around that would be if I could talk my brother into showing up, then yielding his time to me.
I had a Mayor try that with me once. As soon as I asked him in the lobby of council meeting if that meant that all of his city's ordinances only applied to city residents, he seemed to change his mind.

Also, council usually has written procedures for allowing speakers, limitations on time, etc. Sometimes they're wrapped up in city ordinance, sometimes they're only internal. Either way, they're public record.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Mansfield has removed its bans on firearms anywhere in a public place in Mansfield and removed the ban on firearms at Clearfork reservoir...

http://ci.mansfield.oh.us/council/Pendi ... -06-14.pdf
docachna

Post by docachna »

BriKuz wrote:Mansfield has removed its bans on firearms anywhere in a public place in Mansfield and removed the ban on firearms at Clearfork reservoir...

http://ci.mansfield.oh.us/council/Pendi ... -06-14.pdf
+1 !! Well done.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE