Amherst parks...

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BriKuz

Amherst parks...

Post by BriKuz »

935.19 FIREARMS, WEAPONS AND TOOLS.
(a) No person in a park shall carry on or about his person firearms of any description, bows and arrows, air or gas guns, missiles, slingshots, or other missile-throwing devices without authorization from the Park Director.
I spoke with Mr. Tony Pecora, Amherst Law Director. The issue is already set for the next council meeting, so here's hoping this one is quick and easy, as opposed to the situation in Oberlin.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Amherst parks...

Post by JustJack »

He probably started shaking as soon as you told him your name. :) ;)
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Yes, all please leave Amherst alone. They have contact OFCC to find out what they need to do to correct the laws on their books, so they seem the be willing to work with us.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

Amherst is a little more conservative than the average Lorain County berg. Should be no problem.
The British are going! The British are going!
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Yes, all please leave Amherst alone. They have contact OFCC to find out what they need to do to correct the laws on their books, so they seem the be willing to work with us.
I meant to say that, as well... This one should be over and done with quickly, no muss, no fuss...
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

BriKuz wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:Yes, all please leave Amherst alone. They have contact OFCC to find out what they need to do to correct the laws on their books, so they seem the be willing to work with us.
I meant to say that, as well... This one should be over and done with quickly, no muss, no fuss...

But I'll keep my eye on them, anyway.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of Ohio's counties, townships, municipal corporations, park districts, agricultural societies, public colleges and other political subdivisions would proactively review their ordinances, resolutions, regulations and other rules for violations of ORC 9.68?

It takes so very little to comply with this law that EVERY entity listed above could be in legal compliance before the end of the year. Work up the repeal and/or modification paperwork in October, pass the ordinance as an emergency in November and take a deep breath and relax in December.

8)
MyWifeSaidYes
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

small update... shouldn't be a big issue... sounds like they're pushing these changes on Emergency instead of the circus that was/is Oberlin...

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2013 ... -in-parks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
idoncare
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by idoncare »

When did OFCC become based out of Grandville, Michigan?
Tom

Semper Fi

When guns are outlawed, ONLY outlaws will have guns...

Gun control = Hitting what you aim at....

Easier to get another job than another life....
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

idoncare wrote:When did OFCC become based out of Grandville, Michigan?
OFCC has never been based in Michigan. It does have a mailing service located in Michigan, but OFCC is an Ohio corporation and all of its officers, directors and coordinators are Ohio residents. OFCC has no real physical address except possibly our corporate agent which is in Columbus. For more information, take a look at: http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Why_a_Michigan_postal_address

I suspect that this was put into the article as an attempt to marginalize OFCC.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
idoncare
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by idoncare »

schmieg wrote:
idoncare wrote:When did OFCC become based out of Grandville, Michigan?
OFCC has never been based in Michigan. It does have a mailing service located in Michigan, but OFCC is an Ohio corporation and all of its officers, directors and coordinators are Ohio residents. OFCC has no real physical address except possibly our corporate agent which is in Columbus. For more information, take a look at: http://ohioccw.org/wiki/Why_a_Michigan_postal_address

I suspect that this was put into the article as an attempt to marginalize OFCC.
Thanks for the info and link. That part of the article saying OFCC was based in Mich was a bit confusing :)
Tom

Semper Fi

When guns are outlawed, ONLY outlaws will have guns...

Gun control = Hitting what you aim at....

Easier to get another job than another life....