Ohio Statehouse property & garage - off limits?? Hmmm

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BB62

Re: Ohio Statehouse property & garage - off limits?? Hmmm

Post by BB62 »

Can anyone help me, or direct me to a free resource that might help me clear up some of the background noise or enhance the voices of those I spoke to, specifically the Lt. and the Executive Director?

Although I purposely repeated things, I've been asked to see if it might be possible to do the above.

Thanks much.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BB62 wrote:Can anyone help me, or direct me to a free resource that might help me clear up some of the background noise or enhance the voices of those I spoke to, specifically the Lt. and the Executive Director?

Although I purposely repeated things, I've been asked to see if it might be possible to do the above.

Thanks much.
How about jabeatty again? He is a substitute assistant stand-in backup radio talk show host at the Clear Channel Deathstar, y'know. I'd imagine somebody in their engineering department is very good at stuff like that.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Brian D. wrote:How about jabeatty again? He is a substitute assistant stand-in backup radio talk show host at the Clear Channel Deathstar, y'know. I'd imagine somebody in their engineering department is very good at stuff like that.
I didn't realize he was broadcasting royalty! :D I'll drop him a line, and thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

JmE

Post by JmE »

Quote of the Day: Because They Say So Edition -> http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/1 ... ote-day-4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :mrgreen:
Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! - Gen.Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it. - Gen. Robert E. Lee
If we must die, we die defending our rights. - Chief Sitting Bull

Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? - Plato
BB62

Post by BB62 »

The comments there about the big guy are priceless! The ripping on the girl, not so much.

Got Freedom?

medmandan

Post by medmandan »

Really disappointed in most of the comments actually..whoever the Cecil B guy is though made a gallant effort at keeping comments on track and pointing out how harmful the other chaff truly is to our argument.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

charliej47 wrote::shock: (N) Any person may possess a firearm in a motor vehicle in the state underground parking garage at the state capitol building, if the person's possession of the firearm in the motor vehicle is not in violation of section 2923.16 of the Revised Code or any other provision of the Revised Code. Any person may store or leave a firearm in a locked motor vehicle that is parked in the state underground parking garage at the state capitol building, if the person's transportation and possession of the firearm in the motor vehicle while traveling to the garage was not in violation of section 2923.16 of the Revised Code or any other provision of the Revised Code. :shock:
So.(yes.. I'm lookn for this level of confirmation:). Is a CHL holder legal to leave their vehicle(carrying either open or concealed) while parked under the statehouse and come up any of the not-directly-into-the-statehouse stairs/elevators to street level? If so, theory or proven? Is anyone planning on parking there and heading above ground on 1/19, noon-4pm?
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Aesinsp wrote:
charliej47 wrote::shock: (N) Any person may possess a firearm in a motor vehicle in the state underground parking garage at the state capitol building, if the person's possession of the firearm in the motor vehicle is not in violation of section 2923.16 of the Revised Code or any other provision of the Revised Code. Any person may store or leave a firearm in a locked motor vehicle that is parked in the state underground parking garage at the state capitol building, if the person's transportation and possession of the firearm in the motor vehicle while traveling to the garage was not in violation of section 2923.16 of the Revised Code or any other provision of the Revised Code. :shock:
So.(yes.. I'm lookn for this level of confirmation:). Is a CHL holder legal to leave their vehicle(carrying either open or concealed) while parked under the statehouse and come up any of the not-directly-into-the-statehouse stairs/elevators to street level? If so, theory or proven? Is anyone planning on parking there and heading above ground on 1/19, noon-4pm?
Actually, my understanding is that the firearm cannot be outside of the vehicle at anytime. The code that was put in allows for storage in the vehicle.

Personally, I find that there are enough parking garages and surface lots in the area to suit my needs - so I plan to steer clear of the statehouse garage.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Wishful thinkn on my part - Thanks Stryker74.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe