Akron Marathon

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
DOCDC1

Akron Marathon

Post by DOCDC1 »

So I am reading about the Akron Marathon being held at Canal Park. I am wondering....they state there will be a police presence patting down those who enter as spectators. No weapons allowed into the park. If 9.68 opens parks to us, under what authority do they have license to refuse entry during the event. I am sure I am missing something but it doesn't sound quite right to me. Thanks for taking a question guys.

Dale
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Akron Marathon

Post by NavyChief »

Uhmm, isn't Canal Park actually a sports stadium?

Regardless, this more properly belongs in 9.68 Compliance...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
mdoerner

Post by mdoerner »

DOH!

Your right...Canal Park is a....baseball stadium. No problems. Just stay outside or disarm if you go inside.

Mike D
mdoerner

Post by mdoerner »

However, there will be random searches along the route. How do you CCW in that environment without being harassed or arrested?

Mike Doerner
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

mdoerner wrote:However, there will be random searches along the route. How do you CCW in that environment without being harassed or arrested?

Mike Doerner
Carry a Constitution?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Don't consent to a search. You have no requirement to.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

mdoerner wrote:However, there will be random searches along the route. How do you CCW in that environment without being harassed or arrested?

Mike Doerner
By Carrying a Concealed Weapon without a license to do so. That's how you CCW everywhere. Now, to answer what you actually meant, see ArmedAviator's post above mine. ;)
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim
slidelock

Post by slidelock »

Dont consent to a search and they wont allow you to proceed. I have no idea what their legal justification is. I understand they need at least a reasonable belief of a crime to even detain you, much less prevent you from entering a public area.