Columbiana County Fairgrounds

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
CousinCarl

Re: Columbiana County Fairgrounds

Post by CousinCarl »

Would some of you others also send them an email please? I am finally getting some work and it has been difficult to even get to read OhioCCWforums much less get to an Ag Society meeting.

Certainly we have members in Columbiana County.

Thanks.
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

I have not had the chance to investigate this further.

If anyone is near Lisbon, would you be able to help out? First we need to check to see if the signs are still there. If they are we need to follow up with a visit to the board meeting or registered mail.

From the website: ( http://www.columbianacountyfair.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
Next Regular Fairboard Meeting:
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
7:00 pm
held at the fairgrounds,
Jr. Fair Livestock Sales office

If the signs are gone, I will be the first in line to send a "thank you".

Thanks.
"Who is John Galt?"

CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

............... and for those who are interested, The Moving Wall is scheduled to be at the fairgrounds on 9/14/2014.
"Who is John Galt?"

CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

GONE!

I finally had an opportunity to get to the fairgrounds this evening. The signs are gone!

I intend to email the board to thank them.

Side note: there are now signs stating that there is absolutely no metal detecting allowed. Wonder what caused that? Do any of you guys know if this is a widespread problem?
"Who is John Galt?"

Voice

Post by Voice »

CousinCarl wrote:GONE!

I finally had an opportunity to get to the fairgrounds this evening. The signs are gone!

I intend to email the board to thank them.

Side note: there are now signs stating that there is absolutely no metal detecting allowed. Wonder what caused that? Do any of you guys know if this is a widespread problem?
If I had to take a guess, I'd probably assume an over-eager metal detector user dug into a pipe, or otherwise caused some damage.
calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

When they tore down the grandstands they found a bunch of artifacts. It probably brought treasure hunters out of the woodwork, it's hard to grade a site when there are fifty guys with detectors walking around.