Fairfield County Fairgrounds - still posted ?

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
iceman71

Lancaster Fair Grounds

Post by iceman71 »

Does anyone know if you can carry at the Lancaster Fair Grounds? They are having the Earth Angel Car show and was wondering if I needed to keep my sidearm at home or in the car?

{moved to the appropriate forum-sabalo}
High Power

Re: Lancaster Fair Grounds

Post by High Power »

The Fairgrounds are posted, but as far as I know, the signs are in violation of the current law. BTW, if you call the Sheriff's office, you will not get a straight answer. Don't call the Fair Board either because they will give you the incorrect answer and tell you they can post.

I'm not a real attorney but did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Concealed, means concealed.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
iceman71

Post by iceman71 »

[

Iam suprised you didnt say that you just play one on TV. Thanks, normally I wouldnt worry about carrying but I prefer to carry when I can.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

High Power wrote:The Fairgrounds are posted, but as far as I know, the signs are in violation of the current law. BTW, if you call the Sheriff's office, you will not get a straight answer. Don't call the Fair Board either because they will give you the incorrect answer and tell you they can post.

Concealed, means concealed.
Pretty good answer, except for the Holiday Inn part. :wink:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
OhioMoose

Post by OhioMoose »

As we enter the Fair season, it would be good to have a clear, up-to-date answer to this, perhaps as a "Sticky".

Is the Ohio State Fairgrounds posted?

It may well be that this information is posted clearly somewhere on this site, but I am still learning my away around the resources available here. Pointers welcome.

("IANAL but I play one on TV" is so...last Century. Kinda like saying "Is it soup yet" to a 20-something, and having them give you a blank stare).
"A gun is a tool, Marian, no better, no worse than any other tool, an ax, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it, remember that." - Alan Ladd in "Shane", screenplay by A. B. Guthrie, Jr.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Lots of discussion out there, and you are right it comes up every year.
Many Fairgrounds think that they are above the Law. They continue to post incorrectly. There has been some effort in the past to contact and put pressure on them. I don't know what happened to that program?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I didn't see any signs posted when I raced there last year. I carried the whole time except I think I took my gun out when I drove my horse.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
fireman

Post by fireman »

I would be willing to send letter, but would appreciate an example of the style that has been sent (tone to take). If work is in progress with the Fairfield County Ag So, I'll disregard; unless multiple attempts from multiple sources will be beneficial.
Steve

"If you have any questions or comments contact the Fair Manager, Dave Benson at:
157 East Fair Avenue
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Phone: (740) 653-3041 office Fax #(740) 653-6204 "

PS-Fireworks on July 4th. I remeber when you could park at base of hill, sit in truck and watch, then easily drive out....wow!!! Times have changed.
fireman

Fairfield County Fairgrounds

Post by fireman »

I have not received any pm's or responses to my posting. Our fair kicks off in October of this year and would like to address this issue prior to, if possible. I am willing to send a letter, but if efforts are underway, I do not want to undermine this. I am sure this is a busy undertaking... dealing with these issues, and only ask if someone could let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

Fairfield County Fair
Fair Manager, Dave Benson
157 East Fair Avenue
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Phone: (740) 653-3041 office Fax #(740) 653-6204

PS- They have signs at most of the entrances (I didn't check the back ways in) and even state that a CHL holder is not allowed to carry. I can get a pic if that would be helpful.
justherenow

Fairfield County Fair?

Post by justherenow »

Last time I was there a few years ago, it was a CPZ, not sure who owns the property, but we are going on Friday and was wondering if it was ok to carry there. We do not go into the buildings except the restroom, so that would not be an issue.
--------------------------
G;ock 32 .357sig/Sig Saur 3in 1911 .45acp
Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
PA Non-Res 10/12/2010
Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams
fireman

Re: Fairfield County Fair?

Post by fireman »

You can start reading here...and yes, it is posted.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... 9&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnisaly

Re: Fairfield County Fair?

Post by johnisaly »

justherenow wrote:.........we are going on Friday and was wondering if it was ok to carry there...........
@ justherenow -
I attended that fair on Monday Oct 12th. I carried as usual, and I did it totally legally. If you want details send me a PM, as it may prove unwise to go into details on a public forum.
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
docachna

Fairfield County Fairgrounds - still posted ?

Post by docachna »

Although I'm no longer in the Lancaster area, the Fairfield County Fairgrounds were always posted. I don't know if anyone ever delved deeply into the ownership issues of the Fairgrounds, or even if so, ever made any contract with the appropriate persons. Or, for that matter, if it is still posted.

Given that the fair is in October, and given that it is the last fair of the season, not to mention one of the highest-attended in the state, I thought that if a forum member is in the area, perhaps some attention can be given to it before the fact, and a reach-out to the Ag Society or prosecutor be made before the fair, if applicable.

I know I have a past thread about it, but I don't think it ever went anywhere, possibly because the fair had ended. Knowing Lancaster, any inquiry will get a pretty tough stonewall, so it might be wise to ask early and often.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fairfield County Fairgrounds - still posted ?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I'm heading from Logan to Galloway tonight so I can catch a ride to Oberlin in the morning.

I will try to remember to stop at that fairground tonight and take pictures of any signs I find.
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fairfield County Fairgrounds - still posted ?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

The Fairfield County Agricultural Society fairgrounds in Lancaster, OH has been an item of discussion on this board since 2009.

When I stopped by the other night, I did not see any signs at the main gate, but I did see signs at two other gates.

Who wants to help finally get these signs down?

This one is at a gate on Fair Ave. halfway between Broad St. and High St.:

And this one is at the gate at Fair Ave. and High St.
MyWifeSaidYes