Rossford, Ohio oridinance

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
lfrost2125

Rossford, Ohio oridinance

Post by lfrost2125 »

Not sure if this is where this belongs but I was looking through city ordinances and this got me wondering if it's legal or not. If this is in the wrong place can someone please move it for me.

549.06 UNLAWFUL TRANSACTIONS IN WEAPONS.
(a) No person shall:

(1) Manufacture, possess for sale, sell or furnish to any person other than a law enforcement agency for authorized use in police work, any brass knuckles, cestus, billy, blackjack, sandbag, switchblade knife, springblade knife, gravity knife or similar weapon;

(2) When transferring any dangerous ordnance to another, negligently fail to require the transferee to exhibit such identification, license or permit showing him to be authorized to acquire dangerous ordnance pursuant to Ohio R.C. 2923.17, or negligently fail to take a complete record of the transaction and forthwith forward a copy of such record to the sheriff of the county or safety director or police chief of the municipality where the transaction takes place;

(3) Knowingly fail to report to law enforcement authorities forthwith the loss or theft of any firearm or dangerous ordnance in the person's possession or under the person’s control.

(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of unlawful transactions in weapons. Violation of subsections (a)(1) or (2) hereof is a misdemeanor of the second degree. Violation of subsection (a)(3) hereof is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

(ORC 2923.20)

What has me wondering is #2 and having to forward a complete record of the transaction to sheriff etc...
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.
TJW815

Re: Rossford, Ohio oridinance

Post by TJW815 »

They are referring to "dangerous ordnance" not firearms. I.e., explosives, etc..

Link to referenced ORC
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.17
Last edited by TJW815 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lfrost2125

Post by lfrost2125 »

Yeah I just caught that after posting.
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Never hurts to ask.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

It's not a R.C. 9.68 violation because all it does is repeat the misdemeanor provisions of R.C. 2923.20.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

I think that counts as a "trouble ticket closed," unless Werz missed something :shock: