NEO violations vs rest of Ohio

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
tbrew85

NEO violations vs rest of Ohio

Post by tbrew85 »

Seems like North East Ohio has a lot more trouble with government entities following state law than anywhere else in the state.
Now, that could be because they are generally more liberal up there, or it could be that there are more activists of our ilk finding the violations to begin with. I live in Middletown in South West Ohio. I haven't found many violations here locally and I seldom see any others from around here posting of violations they have found. I do recall an issue with Cincinnati that was discussed for a while but I haven't heard anything lately. Any others from this part of the state know of any current situations that need addressed?
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
TJW815

Re: NEO violations vs rest of Ohio

Post by TJW815 »

While that statement is generally true, violations can be found. Of course you have read about Vandalia, I am working on another that is even closer to you than that. Hope to post something in the next couple of weeks in regards to it.

Lots of municipal parks around that still need to be discovered.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I think you guys just look out more for violations. Down here I'm sure they exist, actually, I know quite a few do by reading ordinances online, but I haven't seen many violations. Also, there's not much I can do partially due to my job. Hard to take on a fellow government when I work for the government myself.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Also, there's not much I can do partially due to my job. Hard to take on a fellow government when I work for the government myself.
Really?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Werz wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:Also, there's not much I can do partially due to my job. Hard to take on a fellow government when I work for the government myself.
Really?
Let's just say under the old administrative I was told not to. I've even been warned for comments I have posted on news organizations on stories that have nothing to do with my department.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I think you guys just look out more for violations. Down here I'm sure they exist, actually, I know quite a few do by reading ordinances online, but I haven't seen many violations. Also, there's not much I can do partially due to my job. Hard to take on a fellow government when I work for the government myself.
I understand, some people have jobs that make it difficult to pursue things like this. If you point out the violations/bad ordinances that you are aware of here, Im sure others would be willing to run with it.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I actually should take it back, besides Cincinnati, it seems alot have cleaned up their ordinances since the last time I looked (probably about two years ago.) It seems the only major problem is nobody has updated from the HB 495 changes.

Interestingly, quite a few communities have a law on the books that actually prohibits pointing a firearm at another person unless in the use of a justifiable homicide. I always thought that was aggravated menacing, but I guess alot want a special ordinance for it.