Stark County Fairgrounds posted

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BriKuz

Re: Stark County Fairgrounds posted

Post by BriKuz »

Werz wrote:
BriKuz wrote:Letters sent to the Canton Law Director and the Stark County Prosecutor.
You might mention that the City of Alliance Law Director is already familiar with OFCC members' willingness to press these issues, and they may want to ask him about that. They're all in the same county.
Thank you, Werz! I will use that info in future communications!

I also sent the same letter to the Sheriff's Office general info e-mail box.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Lt. Springer of Stark County Sheriff's Office just called. I will be forwarding him relevant information. Same basic e-mail as above) He said that their office will look into it, and hopefully we can have this resolved as quickly as possible. Very cordial conversation, seems at least willing to keep an open mind and help.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

MOST of the time, the people I get to actually talk to are nice and reasonable. Once you explain, and they understand, how the law applies to the signs, the Ag. Society, the fairgrounds and so forth, they will do a pretty good job of explaining it to the "powers that be".
MyWifeSaidYes
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

looks like its off to the prosecutor's office... recieved the following from Lt. Springer just now:
Sir:
Thank you for sharing this information with this office. The Stark County Prosecutor’s Office will review the information and advise the appropriate county entities of their finding. Best regards in your future endeavors and if this office can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.
Hopefully, I will hear something from the Prosecutor's office soon... I would like to see the fair tomorrow evening! (Ashtyn will have MORE ducks and chickens and bunnies to look at! 8) )
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Just got off the phone with the Prosecutor's office... the signs will be amended to allow carry of firearms. The only problem is, they think they can post the barns and such... I'm not sure if my wife and I will push that limit... at least not TONIGHT... we will see about this weekend, though... Can an ordinary citizen get an opinion from the State's Attorney General regarding how to classify a barn at the fair? I think that this issue needs to be ironed out forthwith...
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Just posted the following on Stark County Fair's Facebook:
Thank you to the Stark County Fair Board for removing the unlawful prohibition on legally carried firearms! My wife and I will be enjoying the fair tonight with our kids in our arms and our holstered pistols at our sides!
I wonder if they even got the message from the prosecutor and/or Sheriff yet? :shock:
stew47

Post by stew47 »

The state attorney general never gives opinions to individuals :(. Don't they know who elects and pays them? Can I use that letter so I can work on TUSCARAWAS fair grounds?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Thanks again for all your work guys!

If anybody attends tonight be sure to let us know if things are resolved & how they handled buildings, etc.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Stew-

Feel free to use that letter and any other information you can gather from this forum.

When you approach these folks in a polite but non-emotional manner, they tend to listen.

If you find a stubborn one, post about it and we'll try to help
MyWifeSaidYes
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Montgomery County does the same thing with their fairgrounds and likely will continue to do so until they get sued or something. Their county fair started today.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Rhino wrote:Montgomery County does the same thing with their fairgrounds and likely will continue to do so until they get sued or something. Their county fair started today.
Rhino, do you have, or can you get, any pictures of their signage?

We have several members here on a roll and I'd hate to run out of county fairs for them to email, call and attend.

:wink:

If you do find some pictures, go ahead and start a new thread and post the pictures. I'm sure we can find someone to run with that ball.
MyWifeSaidYes
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Rhino wrote:Montgomery County does the same thing with their fairgrounds and likely will continue to do so until they get sued or something. Their county fair started today.
Rhino, do you have, or can you get, any pictures of their signage?

We have several members here on a roll and I'd hate to run out of county fairs for them to email, call and attend.

If you do find some pictures, go ahead and start a new thread and post the pictures. I'm sure we can find someone to run with that ball.
I'll try, but the entrance is on a major street where I can't just park and take pictures. Not sure when I can get down there. Maybe on Friday after a doctor's appointment.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

A small bit of irony here, although it doesn't make me laugh or anything: Just this year the Montgomery County fairgrounds started allowing gun shows to be held in one of the buildings.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Rhino wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Rhino, do you have, or can you get, any pictures of their signage?

I'll try, but the entrance is on a major street where I can't just park and take pictures. Not sure when I can get down there. Maybe on Friday after a doctor's appointment.
The fair's over but I'm hoping to get by there for a picture of the sign today. The rescue squad I volunteer for wouldn't let me work the fair because they know I carry and they didn't want to risk a conflict with someone.

I'm going to incorporate something like this into the next revision of my guide:
http://home.earthlink.net/~simmoh/Conce ... rounds.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-- Samuel Adams

Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

There was no sign on the gate when I went by. There was one there last year. I don't know if they had signs up just for the fair this year and took them down afterwards, or if somebody saw signs on the buildings and mistakenly assumed that meant the entire fairgrounds were posted.

-- Samuel Adams