City of Oberlin (no firearms in parks)

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: City of Oberlin (no firearms in parks)

Post by Stryker74 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Sorry I haven't posted any sooner. Here are a few audio clips of interest.

Reporter asks an Oberlin resident to lay his rifle on ground so she can film him picking it back up...me telling the LEO what she's doing and that he may hear us scream at her...and my "announcement"
http://www.ohionets.com/stuff/oberlin/h ... r-guns.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The announcement at the end of that clip was priceless!

I wish I could have been there for that! :lol:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I was loud enough that you might have heard me. :P
MyWifeSaidYes
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

my wife and I heard you all the way over in the parking lot across the street. We were leaving and I asked her if she heard what was just announced. Sounds like she was trying to trip us up and handle the firearms. I'm sure if somebody did they could have spun it to make us look very bad.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I was loud enough that you might have heard me. :P
I think that was the highlight of the day! Except maybe for watching BB62's ears being raped by the very outspoken anti lady, who had obviously just came from the beauty salon. :shock:

By the way BB62, I think we owe you an ear massage or something after that little exchange! :mrgreen:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

To all the speakers - good job! (you whacko, security-phobic gun nuts!) :wink:
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
mreising

Post by mreising »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Sorry I haven't posted any sooner. Here are a few audio clips of interest.

Reporter asks an Oberlin resident to lay his rifle on ground so she can film him picking it back up...me telling the LEO what she's doing and that he may hear us scream at her...and my "announcement"
http://www.ohionets.com/stuff/oberlin/h ... r-guns.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Someone should speak with her news director. Reporters should only be reporting the news, not trying to stage photo-ops!
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I was loud enough that you might have heard me. :P
Well, sometimes you're just showing off ... like at the end of the video. :lol:

However, you said quite loudly what needed to be said. By that time, she had asked several people to expose their firearms, and it was clear that she was going to continue until she found someone naïve enough to do it.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
CousinCarl

Post by CousinCarl »

mreising wrote:

Someone should speak with her news director. Reporters should only be reporting the news, not trying to stage photo-ops!

What mreising said!
"Who is John Galt?"

"So this is how freedom dies --- with thunderous applause."
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

mreising wrote:Someone should speak with her news director. Reporters should only be reporting the news, not trying to stage photo-ops!
What planet are you from?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Bersa45 wrote:my wife and I heard you all the way over in the parking lot across the street. We were leaving and I asked her if she heard what was just announced. Sounds like she was trying to trip us up and handle the firearms. I'm sure if somebody did they could have spun it to make us look very bad.
Bryan Torok's wife was carrying a blue gun. She could have done it.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Werz wrote:Video!

Oberlin Open Carry II - Sunday, September 15, 2013. Slightly over 8 minutes, resolutions up to 720p.
Was that Rosanne Barr at 4:30?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
Werz wrote:Video!

Oberlin Open Carry II - Sunday, September 15, 2013. Slightly over 8 minutes, resolutions up to 720p.
Was that Rosanne Barr at 4:30?
Just an aging progressive losing her grip on utopian ideals. The impressive part of that segment was how calm BB62 was.
-- BobK
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Getting to talk with anti's of this caliber (couldn't help myself) was a new experience for BB62. He was just soaking it all up.
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

David Codrea was at the meet-up on Sunday 9/15.

Mr. Codrea's comments from 9/5/13
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/a ... -wild.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Armed American Radio from Sunday evening 9/15/13 (listen to hour #3)
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/a ... ux_16.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr. Codrea's comments from 9/19/13
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/i ... ntrol.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

and another PD editorial.. bet you can't guess what it says..
The IQ percentile of Oberlin, a liberal, learned place, seemingly dropped precipitously Monday night as firearm aficionados won another round in the battle of bullets over brains.

Oberlin City Council -- handcuffed by a 2004 Ohio Supreme Court ruling that overturned the city of Clyde's ban on guns in its public parks -- rescinded in a 4-3 vote a local ordinance that had prohibited weapons in Oberlin public parks.

MORE...
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson