BEXLEY is violating 9.68

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
pirateguy191

Re: BEXLEY is violating 9.68

Post by pirateguy191 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Wow. Is Bexley so broke, you have to PAY to APPLY for the cop job!?

http://www.bexley.org/news/2013/8/13/no ... er.html%20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think that's S.O. P. I took a couple civil service tests back in the day and I'm pretty sure there was an application fee associated with them.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Yeah. Still sounds like a rip-off. How many non-tax-funded personnel are used to process these applications, tests and physical qualifications?

In my city, I pay tax for the people to work there. I pay tax for their supplies. I pay tax for their bills.

Now why would I have to pay a TAX just to apply for a job there?

:shock: :x
MyWifeSaidYes
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Yeah. Still sounds like a rip-off. How many non-tax-funded personnel are used to process these applications, tests and physical qualifications?

In my city, I pay tax for the people to work there. I pay tax for their supplies. I pay tax for their bills.

Now why would I have to pay a TAX just to apply for a job there?

:shock: :x
This is a relatively recent thing best I know. And as you might expect, there are public funds available for folks of certain demographics to cover the application/testing costs. To the cynical portion of me this reminicient of an old fashioned "poll tax" in reverse.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Brian:

I'm way too old to apply, but if you've been in Bexley lately, I think you could understand why I'd have to be paid to apply :D....

My little sister lives right on the edge - just outside - and while her neighborhood is (perhaps somewhat) decent, there are places you need to go through to get there where firearms are a really good idea. A few years ago, Becka had to have her tonsils out, and since she was living with my sister at the time, elected to do it at a local hospital. She'd somehow managed to agree to babysit two of my nephew's children that weekend, too, so Sherri and I drove down to help out. (Becka was really sick. Fortunately, the little girls weren't much trouble, except when the little one woke up at 0700 and insisted on Becka's presence :D.) Anyway, somewhere along the line, Becka asked me to go over to the Wendy's and get her some fries. (WTH, kid eats weird....)

Fairly late at night, but they were open. Let's just say that the gun left the holster and got stuck in between the seats.... I'm surprised a "greeter" didn't offer me one....

I've mentioned that my nephew moved back into Bexley from Powell. Before they could get moved in, some patio furniture was stolen.... Bad idea, IMHO, but my niece was hauling the kids all over the place in Bexley (from Powell) for various "activities", and she's apparently a terrible driver....

Youngstown isn't too great, but Boardman's not bad. I just try to stay in it :D.... The wife crosses town twice a day on five or six days a week (commuting to/from work), and I can't talk her into getting licensed.... Maybe if I drag her to class and cuff her to the chair? :mrgreen: I'd like to talk my nephew into the same thing, but he's an MD.... Dunno how that would work out.

Back to 9.68, Boardman Twp. has a nice park. I need to remember to check to see if they're posted or not. I keep remembering after I drive by.... I need to check Mill Creek Park, too. I think it's a "corporation" rather than a City or County owned park.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם