Seneca Co Park

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
rubin31

Seneca Co Park

Post by rubin31 »

Stopped by a park in Seneca Co over the weekend and noticed the sign with the rules stated that firearms and other "weapons" are prohibited. The particular park is south of Bloomville. I will check this weekend if the other parks are posted this way also. I am still digging through the boards but I don't think that the park district can post this. Didn't Cleveland try this and lose?
Thanks for any help from those wiser than me.
Brian D.

Re: Seneca Co Park

Post by Brian D. »

Since there is no penalty ( I keep recommending public flogging) for those city/county officials not bring such signage into compliance with state law, it's often been a slow uphill battle for us.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Probably an old pre CCW sign.
We have a small County Park in Mercer County that has a sign that say NO FIREARMS. I haven't pressed the issue simply as a test because of the kind of park it is.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
rubin31

Post by rubin31 »

It's been bugging me all week. I know a couple of people at the county so I will start there. I'll let you know how it goes.
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Any update on this? I live in Findlay, so I'm not too far away and could probably help if needed.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim