Wayne County Fair

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
nitewolf

Wayne County Fairgrounds

Post by nitewolf »

Does anyone know if the wayne county fairgrounds has a gun buster sign up? I'd like to go to the county fair this year but depending on if I'm allowed to carry there or not. Thanks for the help as always guys.
Glock 26 9mm "Baby Glock"
Glock 45 ACP
Smith & Wesson 40 S&W
Springfield 1911 A1 GI
NRA Life Member
Disabled Air Force Veteran
"This is my Glock there are many like it but this one is mine"
Glock36fs

Re: Wayne County Fairgrounds

Post by Glock36fs »

Bump.

Does anyone know if it is legal to carry at the fair grounds there? Gonna head up there tomorrow morning for the first time. Do they serve alcohol? Would that make it an automatic CPZ? Thanks.
RESTORE AMERICA NOW!...Ron Paul 2012.

"The utopian schemes of leveling [redistribution of wealth], and a community of goods, are as visionary and impracticable as those which vest all property in the Crown. [These ideas] are arbitrary, despotic, and, in our government, unconstitutional." - Samuel Adams

"Guns don't kill people, the government does." -Dale Gribble
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Wayne County Fairgrounds

Post by Mustang380gal »

We haven't gone to the fair for a few years, but I don't remember anyone walking around with alcohol or beer. There were still "no carry" signs at the gate last time, but that was 2 or 3 years ago.

Shreve Businessmen's Chicken barbecue is excellent!! If you haven't tried it, I suggest that. (By the creek, opposite of the grandstand in the shade. Look for the smoke. :) )

We're going tomorrow for a while, too.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Wayne County Fair

Post by Werz »

Posted at every entrance:

I didn't challenge it when I went in today. When I go back on Wednesday, it may be time for open carry.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Wayne County Fair

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I just sent this to the fair board and the county commissioners...
To whom it may concern-

I prefer to openly carry my handgun in a hip holster. I noticed the signs at the Wayne county fairgrounds disallowing firearms, whether openly carried or concealed.

I do not believe these signs are legal.

The signs are posted by the Wayne County Fair Board and claim authority under ORC 1711.31, but that law only gives an agricultural society (i.e. the Fair Board) control and management of the property. ORC 1711.31 does not allow the Fair Board to violate a general law of the state of Ohio, such as the state preemption of firearm laws under ORC 9.68.

In addition to allowing only federal and state laws to regulate firearms, ORC 9.68 also specifically directs a court to award costs and attorney fees in a lawsuit for any ordinance, rule or regulation that violates ORC 9.68.

Since the posted signs violate ORC 9.68, I am sure you will want to act quickly to remove those signs.

Thanks!

-"MWSY"
September 9, 2012
If they try a "private property" or "private entity" ploy, their last state audit describes the Wayne County Ag Society as:
The Wayne County Agricultural Society, Wayne County, Ohio, (the Society) is a body corporate and politic established to exercise the rights and privileges conveyed to it by the constitution and laws of the State of Ohio.
There's that pesky "body politic" again.

:)
MyWifeSaidYes
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Looks like you two hombres are not the only ones aware of Wayne County's policy.

This guy, and his family, was turned away, today!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... airgrounds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Video is WAY too big, and i have no conversion codecs installed... should i post audio of the encounter, including the sheriff himself denying me access?
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Can I post huge vid and audio here? I was turned away by several deputies and the Sheriff himself...
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Audio:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B__tjI ... 2lxdU11cEU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B__tjI ... 0M0SENBY0k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The sheriff shows at about 7:50 in the audio, and I was physically blocked from entering the queue to enter the fairgrounds... I (and my observing wife) felt very strongly that if we proceeded, I would be taken down and arrested... (Wife says one deputy was unsnapped with hand ready to draw, even though I made no threatening moves that I am aware of....)
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Mr. Lutz (Wayne County Prosecutor) just called me and said he is working on the situation... hopefully we can get a good resolution!

Thanks to everyone on this board and others who is working towards a resolution...
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

BriKuz wrote:Mr. Lutz (Wayne County Prosecutor) just called me and said he is working on the situation... hopefully we can get a good resolution!

Thanks to everyone on this board and others who is working towards a resolution...
Dan is a good man.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

BriKuz wrote:Mr. Lutz (Wayne County Prosecutor) just called me and said he is working on the situation... hopefully we can get a good resolution!

As I noted on the OpenCarry.org board:

Relevant entities notified. Reactions pending.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Mr. Lutz just called and said the signs were coming down and going back up on the buildings! Thanks to all for the work, advice, and support!
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

BriKuz wrote:Mr. Lutz just called and said the signs were coming down and going back up on the buildings! Thanks to all for the work, advice, and support!
Checked on the way home. The sign shown at the top of this thread was gone. I assume the others are, too.
-- BobK
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Just talked to BriKuz.

He and family are at the fair, and the signs are down!

There are no signs posted on any buildings (yet?)

Many thanks to the good people at the Wayne County Prosecutor's office!
MyWifeSaidYes