Washington Park in Cincinnati

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
xtreme1cincy

Washington Park in Cincinnati

Post by xtreme1cincy »

I know this topic of parks has come up before but I just wanted to address it again.

The city of Cincinnati spent 48 million dollars to renovate one of the inner city parks over the past two years. Upon completion one of the first signs they post clearly states no firearms or deadly weapons. My biggest problem with this is that I have spoken to park officals and a couple of officers from CPD and they have informed me that they know the sign is in violation but they continue to use them on the grounds that it may prevent some of the thugs from entering. I have tried to explain that they of all people should realize that the thugs are going to continue to break the law regardless.Signs like these affect law abiding citizens such of ourselves.
I would suggest anyone who has contemplated going to see what your tax dollars have built in the city yet again, carry on. You would think with that kind of money spent on a park they would atleast splurge for new signs that didn't violate our rights.
"If you are not working to protect something, you are working to destroy it."
Is there life after death??? Trespass here and find out!!!
brian0918

Re: Washington Park in Cincinnati

Post by brian0918 »

Open carry is certainly legal in that park. I'm not sure about concealed carry. Maybe it's time for you to organize an open carry in that park in your area. Set up camp right next to the sign.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

brian0918 wrote:Open carry is certainly legal in that park. I'm not sure about concealed carry. Maybe it's time for you to organize an open carry in that park in your area. Set up camp right next to the sign.
Why do you say Concealed Carry would not be legal?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JSLACK7851

Post by JSLACK7851 »

Of course CC and OC is legal there. The only thing illegal are those signs. I sent a e mail to Willie F. Carden Jr. Director of Cincinnati Parks, asking why a appointed official, such as himself would waste taxpayers money on signs that are illegal. Well in so many words.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Citizen of Ohio, United States of America
slowquest

Post by slowquest »

Best/Worst part of that is that the City of Cincinnati has it's own sign shop that makes all those signs on an as needed basis. It's not like they bought a bunch of old stock from somewhere and that's all they could get. Someone, somewhere made the decision to make those signs with that specific wording.
“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

slowquest wrote:Best/Worst part of that is that the City of Cincinnati has it's own sign shop that makes all those signs on an as needed basis. It's not like they bought a bunch of old stock from somewhere and that's all they could get. Someone, somewhere made the decision to make those signs with that specific wording.
Which is why I think there's still a larger need for going after the big cities in Ohio. Once they have been gone after enough, smaller cities will easily follow suit with just the evidence that the major cities corrected it. There will always be a straggler, but Chief Craig telling his officers not to enforce those laws IMO is a lame excuse for a correction.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
JSLACK7851

Post by JSLACK7851 »

To: Jeff Slack <jslack7851@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: Ohio Law

We caught the error and the signs have been removed. Thank you for your note.

Sent from my iPad
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Citizen of Ohio, United States of America
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

PITP south?? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
ckelley3

Post by ckelley3 »

Jeff, thanks so much for taking the initiative on this. I am carrying in Washington Park, amongst hundreds of people as I write this.