Purvis Park - University Heights

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Purvis Park - University Heights

Post by rimfireOH »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:The fight to get the signs removed, however, will be quite tedious because A) the proximity to a K-12 school, and B) the proximity of the city to Cleveland.
Tedious, but not impossible, right? I understand that being close to a K-12 school makes someone (city? school district?) nervous, but I don't understand the proximity to Cleveland issue.

Is the city permitted to post the actual pool entrance? What about the low fence around the playground outside the pool?

Armed with this knowledge (and a few of your example letters & emails), I'll fire off some correspondence to the city.

Thank you!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

rimfireOH wrote:Tedious, but not impossible, right?
Right.
rimfireOH wrote:I understand that being close to a K-12 school makes someone (city? school district?) nervous, but I don't understand the proximity to Cleveland issue.
Suburban and nearby cities and villages will tend to behave very much like their larger neighbors. Cleveland is, IMHO, the absolute worst city in the state when it comes to being anti-2A AND anti-R.C. 9.68 (and they have the court case to prove it :wink: ). The cities nearest to Cleveland will have attitudes very similar to Cleveland.
rimfireOH wrote:Is the city permitted to post the actual pool entrance? What about the low fence around the playground outside the pool?
No and no. Depending on its design, however, the city may argue that the 'entrance' is a building. Most of those entrances, if covered, look an awful lot like 'shelters' to me.
MyWifeSaidYes
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:The cities nearest to Cleveland will have attitudes very similar to Cleveland.
You are using too broad of a brush but as a downstater I wouldn't expect you to know this. The eastern suburbs are far more liberal than the western suburbs due to large populations of Blacks and Jews that live there. Here in the western suburbs we actually have a Republican congressman, state representative and state senator. You'll never see that on the east side.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

rickt wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:The cities nearest to Cleveland will have attitudes very similar to Cleveland.
You are using too broad of a brush but as a downstater I wouldn't expect you to know this. The eastern suburbs are far more liberal than the western suburbs due to large populations of Blacks and Jews that live there. Here in the western suburbs we actually have a Republican congressman, state representative and state senator. You'll never see that on the east side.
I do believe you just used a pretty broad brush to paint blacks and jews as liberals. :oops:

I admit that my knowledge of the communities surrounding the Mistake on the Lake is limited to what I read, but I haven't read about anything 'good' to the west OR east. When I think 'west of Cleveland', I think of Lakewood, Lorain and Oberlin. And they aren't pleasant thoughts. :wink:

Do you have a specific bastion of conservative values in mind?
MyWifeSaidYes
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:I do believe you just used a pretty broad brush to paint blacks and jews as liberals. :oops:
Oh please, Both those demographics are well known to be heavy supporters of the Democratic party. Why would you pretend otherwise?

Has the Black Congressional Caucus ever had more than one Republican? Is there even one Black Republican in the state house or senate?

I remember reading in the Plain Dealer how Josh Mandel's relatives refuse to support him because he is a Republican.