City of Clayton Parks - Made contact

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
CC4Me

City of Clayton Parks - Made contact

Post by CC4Me »

My son is playing an away game today in a Clayton Park so just for fun I went poking around their website for park rules. As it happens the city council passed the first Ordinances on 4/5/12 including one regarding firearms only being allowed by LEO in the scope of duty.

I promptly made a telephone call and spoke with the law director. He told me someone else has already brought it to his attention and that after research he is aware of the violation. He told me it is on the agenda for the 7/17 city council meeting to be rescinded. He also said he wrote the whole thing and should have known better himself and that officers are aware it is not to be enforced.

IMO this was as perfect an encounter as we can get if we have to have one at all. With the exception of the Ordinance passing in the first place I give Clayton a huge atta boy for stepping up!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: City of Clayton Parks - Made contact

Post by Jake »

SHWEET!
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Excellent!

The web site shows the next council meeting on 7/19.

I looked at the codified ordinances they have as PDF files on their web site and only found a 'no firearms' law for their cemetery (931.03). Am I looking in the wrong place or do you think he already pulled it from the web site?
MyWifeSaidYes
CC4Me

Post by CC4Me »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Excellent!

The web site shows the next council meeting on 7/19.

I looked at the codified ordinances they have as PDF files on their web site and only found a 'no firearms' law for their cemetery (931.03). Am I looking in the wrong place or do you think he already pulled it from the web site?
http://www.clayton.oh.us/Codified%20Ord ... -12-01.pdf

Here is the PDF from the front page of the city website. Page 4, 557.10 Personal Conduct, item "C"
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Hmm. Somebody should tell them that item (a) violates the First Amendment. I'll need profanity if they try to enforce item (c).

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes