Wooster has "No firearms" in parks law!!

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Wooster has "No firearms" in parks law!!

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

I won't be attending this one. I'm going to try to attend the OFCC Youngstown M&G. That's a 4 hour drive so I'm gonna start saving my pennies for gasoline.
MyWifeSaidYes
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I'm planning on being there, barring any last minute crisis.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
JSLACK7851

Post by JSLACK7851 »

I won't be attending Wooster. Something about going, just to say "I went".
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Citizen of Ohio, United States of America
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

As promised, I appeared before the Wooster City Council in support Ordinance No. 2012-27, which was introduced at the last council meeting, and upon which voting was postponed for public comment. Kudos to Mustang380gal for appearing in council chambers wearing her OFCC polo shirt. For the most part, I stuck to the script of my R.C. 9.68 Memorandum, then urging Council to abide by state law the way that we do when we lawfully carry our firearms. The measure passed with five "yes" votes and two abstentions. One of the abstentions involved a short speech invoking the now-invalidated "collective right" interpretation of the Second Amendment and expressing the councilman's bewilderment as to why a militia would be needed in a city park; that was somewhat expected after his comments at the last meeting. The new ordinance amends the Codified Ordinances as follows:
539.03 FIREARMS,FIREWORKS, EXPLOSIVES, BOWS AND ARROWS.
(a) No person, except a law enforcement officer, shall carryfirearms of any description, or an air or gas gun, slingshot or missile-throwing device within any park or building, or discharge any firearm,firework, explosive, or air or gas gun in any park or building; provided that this section shall not apply to the discharge or possession of a firearm for show or memorial purposes where no projectile is discharged, and for which the Director of Administration has issued a permit.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Well done, Sir. Well done.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Werz did an excellent job presenting his rationale.

Council whined about having the state legislators and supreme court get in the way of home rule. Well, too bad. The old ordinance got in the way of Ohio's Constitution.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

~ 30,000 minus another one. Thanks Werz and Mustang380Gal for looking out for our RKBA. Kudos !