Warren County Parks

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Warren County Parks

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Warren County park rules
6.1 Weapons, firearms, fireworks, explosives.

No person, except Rangers, Peace Officers, Law Enforcement Officers, and authorized employees or agents of the Board and holders of a valid Ohio Concealed Weapons Permit, shall possess a firearm, deadly weapon, dangerous ordnance, blowgun, air rifle, sling shot, or missile throwing device, within the Parks.
No support for open carry.

Email sent.
MyWifeSaidYes
ohiophotog

Re: Warren County Parks

Post by ohiophotog »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Warren County park rules

No person, except Rangers, Peace Officers, Law Enforcement Officers, and authorized employees or agents of the Board and holders of a valid Ohio Concealed Weapons Permit, shall possess a firearm, deadly weapon, dangerous ordnance, blowgun, air rifle, sling shot, or missile throwing device, within the Parks.

Email sent.
No support for unlicensed open carry is a problem but I am fond that they seem to allow a OLTCACH holder to possess deadly weapons, dangerous ordnances, blowguns, air rifles, sling shots, or missile throwing devices. At least thats how I read it. :)
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Here is the email I sent in May:
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2012 05:18 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: Ariss, Tom; South, Pat Arnold; Young, David G.; Gully, David R.; Davis, Tina
Subject: Firearms rules in Warren County Parks

To whom it may concern-

Can you please advise me on the rules regarding firearms in Warren
County parks?

I prefer to openly carry my handgun in a hip holster. I was advised by
an acquaintance that firearms are not allowed at the parks, whether
openly carried or concealed.

Since this goes against state preemption (ORC 9.68), I was hoping you
could confirm for me what the rules actually are.

Thanks!

-"MWSY"
May 27, 2012
I received this shortly after I sent the email.
From: Gully, David R. [mailto:David.Gully@co.warren.oh.us]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:40 PM
To: "MWSY"
Subject: RE: Firearms rules in Warren County Parks

You are allowed to carry a gun. Just not in the buildings
That's all he wrote. I sent a follow-up today, but he's out until the 17th.

Sent:
Mr. Gully-

Thanks for your response and sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

What do I need to do to get the park rules modified to reflect that open carry is legal in Warren County Parks?

Currently, the park rules do not allow open carry.

Thanks!

-"MWSY"
July 11, 2012
MyWifeSaidYes
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Nice work. Keep after them.

The current situation really amounts to a case by case decision. You get to carry because you asked, but the guy who doesn't ask dares not carry because the rules say "no".
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
JSLACK7851

Post by JSLACK7851 »

Email sent.
Since OC isn't mentioned, its legal and not against park rule.
ohiophotog wrote:Warren County park rules

No support for unlicensed open carry is a problem but I am fond that they seem to allow a OLTCACH holder to possess deadly weapons, dangerous ordnances, blowguns, air rifles, sling shots, or missile throwing devices. At least thats how I read it. :)
There is no license necessary to OC, in fact its the only carry right we have, since you have to pay for a permit to CC, that makes it a privlege, such as a drivers license. However, there's that stipulation about OC in a motor vehicle where a permit is needed. Otherwise, carry any way you want to.

Remember, ORC 2921.29 Failure to disclose personal information, under this and Hiibel vs. Sixth, this will protect you. You never know what RAS they might have and not disclose to you. Also, when they ask you any questions, always answer with a question, ie: am I being detained, am I free to go, am I under arrest. This will drive 'em nuts, and you will be released, annoyingly.

I know this has been a while, but a audio recording of a ranger telling you its illegal would be a band wagon I'd like to jump on...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Citizen of Ohio, United States of America
BB62

Post by BB62 »

JSLACK7851 wrote:

Email sent.
Since OC isn't mentioned, its legal and not against park rule.
OC may not be mentioned, but the rules state that only CHL holders can carry in the park - which simply isn't the case.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor