Sandusky County Park District

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
IC1 SS SSN653

Re: Sandusky County Park District

Post by IC1 SS SSN653 »

My followup....

After a several phone discussions with Andrew Brown, Assistant Director
Sandusky County Park District I think we have the rules for the Sandusky County Park District corrected.

I started the conversation with Andrew Brown back in May with pointing out that the Sandusky County Park District rules were in conflict 9.68.

The problems was three fold.

First
“Summary of RULES AND REGULATIONS: SANDUSKY COUNTY PARK DISTRICT”

These were posted on the website http://www.lovemyparks.com/operations/ranger_dept" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and also posted at the various park bulletin boards.

As discussed with Andrew Brown, this summary of rules were easily corrected as they did not
require the Board of Park Commissioners approval.
They were finally corrected on 6/28/2012.

Second
Next was the “Detailed of RULES AND REGULATIONS: SANDUSKY COUNTY PARK DISTRICT”
Initially this list was only available from a Park District Office or carried by the Rangers.
After my initial discussion with Andrew Brown, they became available via a link on the website
http://www.lovemyparks.com/cms/files/Fi ... -28-12.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

After I downloaded the “Detailed” version, I called Andrew Brown again and discussed the problems
with the “Detailed Rules”.
During our discussion he said that these detailed rules require the Board of Park Commissioners to approve any changes.
They were finally corrected on 6/28/2012.

I gave the Park District a couple days to print, laminate and post the “Summary of RULES AND REGULATIONS: SANDUSKY COUNTY PARK DISTRICT” at the various bulletin boards. I then went out to verify these postings.

Third
I found that the “Summary of RULES AND REGULATIONS: SANDUSKY COUNTY PARK DISTRICT” were posted,
but at two campgrounds were also posted “Camping Rules and Regulations”.
Within the “Camping Rules and Regulations” was the rule “Fireworks, firearms, weapons or other harmful devices prohibited.”

I called Andrew Brown again and discussed this new problem.

After a couple days I went back to White Star Quarry campground and the Wolf Creek campground and the new posting of
“Camping Rules and Regulations” are now in line with the “Detailed Rules” concerning firearms.

I found that Andrew Brown was very understanding and worked well to get the Sandusky County Parks in full compliance with the 9.68.
Someday I will meet him in person and shake his hand.
U.S. Navy Nuclear Submarine Veteran,
Sig P226 - 9mm, Sig 230 - 380 Auto, Ruger Mk III Bull Barrel - .22
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Sandusky County Park District

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Excellent work and great catch on the camping rules! :mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes