New Barberton Ordinance

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: New Barberton Ordinance

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Barberton ordinance 672.09 was amended on 3-12-12 by Ord. 39-2012 AND THEN AGAIN on 5-29-12 by Ord. 89-2012.

The minutes for the 5-29-12 council meeting are not online yet, but it looks like they corrected whatever they were trying to "fix".

I called the council office and told them their website was not up to date. The nice lady said she would get the minutes to the IT person and the site would be updated soon. I'll check back in a week.

While I was looking at their codes, I took a look at their rules for parks and found a no-no.

A clause in Ordinance 1068.05 prohibits the carrying or possession of firearms of any description.

I left a nice voicemail for the law director telling her that part of 1068.05 needs to be removed. If I don't hear back from her, I'll check back in a week.
MyWifeSaidYes
Fonejack54

Re: New Barberton Ordinance

Post by Fonejack54 »

Thank you MWSY for your efforts and letting me know. I had assured the gas station owner that this would be fixed but have been embarrassed to talk to him. NO ONE had updated me. Thanks again. You certainly are an asset to this organization.
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul