OFCC Compliance Team now forming

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: OFCC Compliance Team now forming

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Poland? Let's focus on Ohio for right now.

:shock:

Just kidding. What issue does Poland have?

If it doesn't already have a thread, start a new topic in this forum to track your efforts.

That will also help keep others from duplicating your efforts or enable them to offer assistance when/if needed.
MyWifeSaidYes
Metal1

Post by Metal1 »

They have a no weapons sign at Poland Forest or more commonly known as Poland Woods. Without going into to much detail I was recently stopped (twice) for open carrying there.
Advised the Sgt. that the sign needed removed. When I would not give him my name he became irate and stalked me until I left so he could run my plates. He proceeded to follow me when exiting and pulled me over for no reason to threaten me with charges and calling my workplace. He never filed any charges but did contact my Employer.
I have retained a Lawyer and we are in the process of moving forward on some type of action against Poland Village. If anyone is interested in taking a walk there let me know. Ill be damned if that's going to stop me from legally openly carrying there.
They can't claim ignorance as I have informed the Chief in the past on the illegality of the sign. He said he didn't care. No open carry authorized. I think they stepped over the line by contacting my employer which is a Federal LEO Workplace and I had to justify & explain my actions after the call.
After getting pulled over I was read the riot act on why I didn't initially inform that I was a fellow LEO and FOP Member as a "Professional Courtesy" I told him it wasn't required and he should treat me no different than a non-Leo open carrier who isn't breaking any laws. He flipped out and u ended the conversation once again.
Those not familiar with Poland, lets just say they are a well to do suburb who think they can get away with anything. Even if performing a completely legal action.

We will see what happens.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Poland used to be a major radar trap. Somewhere along the line, I'm told, they had to stop doing the cites in the Mayor's Court and shift to a Muni Court in Struthers, which sort of ate up the revenue. US 224 runs through there. Eastbound from I-680, it's 35mph. Then 25mph by way of a sign you can't necessarily see (there's a major construction project going on there now, and I think the sign was moved to someplace more visible). Then back up to 35, and then up to 40, until you leave "town", where it's 55.... Westbound, it goes to 40mph about where the Eastbound folks see 55, and then down to 35, 25, then 40. Most of these limit changes are NOT in the same place, depending on your direction of travel....

My BIL was in town the other month, and was real careful about his speed. He got stopped for not having his headlights on a half-hour before sundown or something like that. No cite, at least.

I go through there to and from the Club on Wednesday nights. No real problem holding my speed, but I seem to spend more time watching the speedometer than the road.

It is a nice little town, but they tend to do things "their way".

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
steves 50de wrote:Back from the dead. :lol: it is a shame this never got off the ground.
Stay tuned....it may be going somewhere. Not sure how far, but there will be an announcement soon.
Well we are waiting. :D :lol:
Black Rifles Matter