Marysville Reservoir

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
haspelbein

Marysville Reservoir

Post by haspelbein »

Hello everybody,

I know it's been a long time since I posted here, but I was out and about today, and I noticed that the walk around the water reservoir in Marysville has a sign that indicates that no firearms are allowed. Did anybody else run into this before? I'm also not sure if that facility is a city park or something else. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks a lot,
H-Bein
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
OhioMoose

Re: Marysville Reservoir

Post by OhioMoose »

I couldn't find any indication that the US Corps of Engineers was involved in the construction or administration of the reservoir. This seems to be the usual reason that dams/reservoirs are posted.

This describes the construction process from the point-of-view of the Construction Management company:
http://www.hrgray.com/portfolio/water-w ... ervoir.cfm
"A gun is a tool, Marian, no better, no worse than any other tool, an ax, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it, remember that." - Alan Ladd in "Shane", screenplay by A. B. Guthrie, Jr.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

OhioMoose wrote:I couldn't find any indication that the US Corps of Engineers was involved in the construction or administration of the reservoir. This seems to be the usual reason that dams/reservoirs are posted.

This describes the construction process from the point-of-view of the Construction Management company:
Thanks for the tip. I have no indication that the Army Corps of Engineers was part of building the reservoir, but I do know that the new water treatment plant was built by them. I might have to contact the city directly.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

haspelbein wrote:
OhioMoose wrote:I couldn't find any indication that the US Corps of Engineers was involved in the construction or administration of the reservoir. This seems to be the usual reason that dams/reservoirs are posted.

Thanks for the tip. I have no indication that the Army Corps of Engineers was part of building the reservoir, but I do know that the new water treatment plant was built by them. I might have to contact the city directly.
Whether the Corps of Engineers was involved in building the reservoir is really irrelevant. What matters is who currently owns/controls it. If it is controlled by the Army COE, there is usually pretty obvious signage to that effect. Without such signage, it is safe to assume that the reservoir is controlled by the city or some municipal entity and would make those rules unenforceable.

ETA: I am moving this to the correct forum.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
MuzzleReport

Post by MuzzleReport »

I'm not sure I'm clear on how to tell who controls the lake. At the one near our house:

CoE built and maintains the dam and that area has obvious CoE signage.

The rest of the lake access areas are all Ohio State Park.

It's patrolled on the water by the Sheriffs Dept.