Summit County Fairgrounds???

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
jahcal7
Suspended

Summit County Fairgrounds???

Post by jahcal7 »

Someone please tell me how the heck can the Summit County Fairgrounds actually be posted as a CPZ? Im shocked that its posted because this is the same building where gun shows are held in the 1st place...seems very contradictory to me. I was AMAZED when i seen the CPZ signs.
For Christ I Live, For Christ I Die.

Bersa Thunder 380, Smith&Wesson M&P 40, Glock 19,23,26.
Brian D.

Re: Summit County Fairgrounds???

Post by Brian D. »

Are those fairgrounds publicly or privately owned?

Believe it or not that question cannot always be answered with a great deal of certainty, regardless of what one's research turns up. That fact alone gives a bit of perspective on how tangled the CPZ thing is with fairgrounds. It's quite annoying, doubletalk legalese both verbal and written seem to be par for the course with these particular entities. Some of them actually claim to be both public AND private, depending on which category suits them better at a given moment.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..Just a guess but just from the looks of the property and building, I'd say it's owned by Summit County
The whole place is a dump including driveway and parking lot.....

All fair grounds that I have gone to are CPZ....Unless they can make some money they will overlook the signs... :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jahcal7
Suspended

Post by jahcal7 »

Thats amazing. Its like a bookstore that has a sign NO OPEN BOOKS ON THESE PREMISES. Now, can you guys explain to me the whole public or private owned thing..whats the difference, why does it matter and how does that affect the gun owner? I am not educated on this point.

charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

jahcal7 wrote:Thats amazing. Its like a bookstore that has a sign NO OPEN BOOKS ON THESE PREMISES. Now, can you guys explain to me the whole public or private owned thing..whats the difference, why does it matter and how does that affect the gun owner? I am not educated on this point.
Instead of someone explaining everything to you in a new post, I would suggest you spend a little time in the 9.68 forum and look specifically in threads related to county fairgrounds. This has been a hot topic for quite some time. I will just say that we are looking at fixing this with legislation once and for all...be patient and stay tuned.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

charben wrote:
jahcal7 wrote:Thats amazing. Its like a bookstore that has a sign NO OPEN BOOKS ON THESE PREMISES. Now, can you guys explain to me the whole public or private owned thing..whats the difference, why does it matter and how does that affect the gun owner? I am not educated on this point.
Instead of someone explaining everything to you in a new post, I would suggest you spend a little time in the 9.68 forum and look specifically in threads related to county fairgrounds. This has been a hot topic for quite some time. I will just say that we are looking at fixing this with legislation once and for all...be patient and stay tuned.
I like when Chris says things like that. That's what he said about Cleveland Heights, too. :mrgreen:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
jahcal7
Suspended

Post by jahcal7 »

Will do. Thanks.

rjtrains

Post by rjtrains »

The fairgrounds are owned by the public, during gun shows the facility is rented to a private organization. But even at the show you cannot carry a loaded weapon into the building. They have a security guard at the door tie-wrapping all weapon actions open.