Lake Farm Park, part of Lake Metroparks

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
ItsMeAgain

Lake Farm Park, part of Lake Metroparks

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Can you CC there? I could not find anything on their website.
A mortal wound gives no pain.
BobK

Re: Lake Farm Park, part of Lake Metroparks

Post by BobK »

Under Ohio law, you can carry in any public park (just not inside buildings unless they are primarily a restroom).

Even if the park has "rules" posted, they are not enforceable. If you see that kind of signage, report it to these forums and OFCC has a long history of getting municipalities to see the error of their ways (Thanks, Chris).
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

The only building I would enter is to pay the fee to enter the Farm Park. Today is a special event, the Fall Harvest with Tractor machines, ect.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

I just found this on their website:

http://www.lakemetroparks.com/about/ran ... ules.shtml

3.0 FIREARMS, FIREWORKS, EXPLOSIVES, AND BOWS AND ARROWS.

3.1 Firearms, missile throwing devices, air or gas guns.
No person, except Rangers of the Board, or other Law Enforcement Officers, shall carry firearms of any description, air or gas gun, sling shot, or missile throwing device within the Park, or discharge any firearms, or air or gas gun in or onto Park lands.

3.4 Carrying dangerous weapons.
No person, except Park Rangers, Law Enforcement Officers of the Board, or other Law Enforcement Officers shall have or carry any firearm, switchblade, hunting knife, dagger, metal knuckles, slingshot, or other dangerous weapons concealed or about his person while in the Park, provided, however, that the within regulation shall not be applicable to persons using Park lands for hunting purposes when said persons have fully and completely complied with all of the requirements established for hunting on Park lands.

Now, I am really confused!
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just found this listed. Looks like the matter is not resolved. I'll have to leave 'em at home now.
BobK

Post by BobK »

ItsMeAgain wrote:http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35244

Just found this listed. Looks like the matter is not resolved. I'll have to leave 'em at home now.
I would suggest you carry. It is clearly in conflict with state law, the parks have been notified in writing that their policy is unenforceable, and the parks have acknowledged it is unenforceable.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

I spoke with a ranger who said conceal is fine but I could not enter any buildings.

ETA: The bathrooms were located in the buildings.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

ItsMeAgain wrote:I spoke with a ranger who said conceal is fine but I could not enter any buildings.

ETA: The bathrooms were located in the buildings.
"Any buildings" is an incorrect interpretation of the law. Building such as shelters, rest areas, parking facilities, etc, cannot be made off limits. Restrooms that are in a building that is not PRIMARILY a restroom would be off kings.

ETA: I hope the Ranger wasn't implying that concealed carry was ok but open carry was not...
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
jahcal7
Suspended

Post by jahcal7 »

You should open carry when you go! Just touch up on the laws that you are prepared to answer when harrased. And you can touch up on the laws right here with these guys. I was harassed by a park ranger at pymatuning state park in ohio for ocing..but i knew my rights and the laws and he couldent do a thing about it..plus, i think he may have been a little jeolous that my glock was in way better condition that his..lol
For Christ I Live, For Christ I Die.

Bersa Thunder 380, Smith&Wesson M&P 40, Glock 19,23,26.
rmalehorn

Post by rmalehorn »

Charben has already opened communications with them a few weeks ago.
Bob from Willoughby